• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Strength of Teen misc? *reps for relevant replies*

Discussion in 'Training' started by jailynn24hb, Aug 25, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I have a big question that i'd like if someone could answer.

Q. I'm wondering if bodybuilders that go on 5 day splits and do multiple isolation exercises and minimal compound movements are as strong as they look?

I know that when I recover from my injury in 2 months I will go on starting strength because im a manlet. I don't really want to be a bodybuilder that is lean and big but is weak. Does this actually happen or do bodybuilders gain enough strength from any training they do in the rep range from 5-12.

Also, if the case is that it's not rare for intermediate/advanced bodybuilders to actually be weak in relation to size, what would you personally recommend to someone after SS but isn't completely worried about aesthetics if it sacirfices substantial strength.

Sorry if i ramble, cheers.

2. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Strength of Teen misc? *reps for relevant replies*

Don't really understand the question but I'll say this:

1. Do SS
      2. After SS do Madcows
      3. You can be weaker than you look yes.

3. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

I dont do alot of compound movements...mostly just bench and squat (which almost died squatting today!). and yes you can be very weak compared to ur size which personally I am pretty weak compared but IDC I just wanna look like I lift alot

4. krupnijihbc

krupnijihbc Well-Known Member

Lol @ thinking bodybuilders aren't strong. While they may not put out huge numbers like powerlifters... bodybuilders are still quite strong compared to someone who doesn't do weight training.

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

That's what i'm wondering, considering however big you look, is the strength difference a lot? or is it ok.

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Compared to someone training to throw up big numbers by powerlifting training or in it just to get strength? im weak as **** mate. Then again I go to a small gym and not alot of people train for only strength so I wouldnt quote me :p I think its ok but I dont need strength for anything really, if you want to improve for a sport it might not be ok

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I'm not saying bodybuilders are weak, im asking if there is a huge guy on a 5 day split that is also ripped, how close will his strength be in relation to how intimidating/powerful he looks?

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Probably pretty strong. if they look big they probably can put up some big numbers. But there can be smaller people (powerlifters) who put up bigger numbers just cause that's how they train. If you train for strength, you get strength then size. if you train for size, you get size then strength, but they are really not that different. Hope that answers your question, it was kind of hard to understand.

9. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Thanks its hard to simplify the question....Can a bodybuilder that looks very big be as strong as he looks doing a 5 day split, or can he even get close ?

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Kai Greene once said "You are a bodybuilder, not a weightlifter. Its not about the weight u life. Its about the stretch and contraction." So personally for me, my strength isnt that important. Body image is what matters to me most. Not saying im weak cuz im stronger than a lot of dudes my size or heavier. But the body image will not ALWAYS translate to strength or lack of. As said above me^^ by xkulp2