• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Split or full body, it's not the same old battle (don't judge until you've read it!)

Discussion in 'Training' started by Raleoxilevz, May 27, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

okay so at the moment im doing a day a and b rotation based on ss but i wrote it myself which is as follows

day a:
      squat
      bench
      dips
      low row
      preacher curl
      abs

day b
      dead lift
      incline bench
      wide grip chin ups
      shoulder press
      low row alternate grip
      tricep cable

at the moment i go to mu gym on Fridays, Saturday's, sundays and Monday's as it is the only days i can fit in. I'm also doing a different program through school for sport on a Wednesday.

my questions are
      should I do a split to gain the most out of recovery? as I'm working fairly similar muscles?

what is a good four day split and a good three day split (as I am thinking of using the school gym on Fridays as well)?

and if I want to lose weight(fat), what rep range should I be doing for the compound movements, at the moment I'm doing 6 reps (except in bis and tris I'm doing 8)? I also do a lot of cardio and eat I a deficit, so will the rep range matter?

cheers

2. walgang

walgang Guest

Split or full body, it's not the same old battle (don't judge until you've read it!)

A full body two days in a row is overtraining

3. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Split or full body, it's not the same old battle (don't judge until you've read it!)

no its not, shut up.

4. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

No such thing as over training just under recovering also if you're really over trained you will realize/feel it

5. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Muscle takes atleast 48 hours to recover from a workout of that intensity

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

No they don't. Shut up.

7. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

full body some of those lifts will target secondary muscles thus working them again, and if you work them again your over working. And if your over working then your overworking which then means you have over worked your muscles. Then your muscles just like explode and then you have no biceps, and if you have no biceps you have no triceps and if you have no triceps or biceps you have no arms. And if you have no arms then you have no arms then how do you lift weights? YOU CANT if you want to keep both arms on your person do not train 2 days in a row mkay?

8. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

To be honest that program is pretty phucked up. You can do much better on the 4 days if you design it properly.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

and why exactly is it ****ed up? and what program would you suggest?

10. casse

casse Well-Known Member

^ indeed

I would suggest a Push/Pull/leg-delts split if you only have them back to back day to work out on