• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Shoulder brahs, what's your OHP?

Discussion in 'Training' started by alomjabpd, Jul 22, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Shoulder brahs, what's your OHP?

Standing OHP is 1x154lbs or 3x132lbs. Havent pressed for a month now and will not for the whole summer because of my routine, I hope it won't be really pathetic when I start pressing again in september.

2. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Interesting. It's the opposite for me, I've never done seated with a barbell. Definitely gonna try it once school starts during my weightlifting period. You still find weight progression comes steadily seated? If I can work with a heavier weight seated then that would seem to be

optimal.

3. casse

casse Well-Known Member

If you are using leg drive on standing OH press, that is "cheating". that would be a push press, and yes, you would be able to go much heavier

4. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

I feel best pressing overhead when I can push from my lats and push my head through once the bar gets up and over the head. When seated, it's a little harder for me to do that, but I'll try playing around with how far out the seat is and see if that works better. Try it out, though, regardless.

Weight progression'll come steadily on either variant, I like the 5-rep range in particular. Not sure why, might be peculiar to each person, but I tried triples, 5 reps, and 6-8 reps, and 5 reps was my personal sweet spot.

5. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

I feel you on the lats and the mini breaking the glass motion. I usually do 5's and triples. When I stall I go fairly light, change the rep scheme for like 2 workouts then go back to progression on heavier weights. I tend to get better results from changing my rep scheme/weights up when I stall instead of a classic deload.