• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Please Help Me!

Discussion in 'Training' started by herunder88, May 30, 2012.

1. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

I'll try not to sound too desperate. I have read posts on here that are pretty inspiring and helpful. I have also read the PRRS, I think thats what it was, workout thingy but it seems like there is too much stuff to remember. I have only been working out for 1 month now and I have a feeling I am not doing anything right. What should I focus on and what exercises should I avoid doing?

Right now I am doing:

Back/Biceps
      Chest/Triceps
      Legs
      shoulders

I don't do any cardio, I know I should but I don't. If it helps then my goal is to get stronger. I don't care about looks just want to have more strength. I can bench 85 pounds which is pathetic.

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Please Help Me!

obviously you haven't read any stickies, if your new you shouldn't be doing an advanced split. Get on starting strength or some beginner full body program.

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Please Help Me!

Read the sticky on Starting Strength, that in my oppinion is the best way to start. Also if you do not have some one to show you, look up how to perform each lift correctly. Form is very important when starting out to avoid injury. Finally do not forget your diet, without a good healthy diet you will not achieve everything your are after.

4. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Please Help Me!

Oh I'm sorry... didn't know that reading sticky should have made me an expert by now!

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Please Help Me!

When you say diet do you just mean don't eat out? Because it seems everyone is got an opinion on diets. Some say carbs only, some say no carbs only protein, others are vegetarian. Its overwhelming to be honest. Can I just build strength without worrying about it?

Started reading "starting strength" but it is meant for skinny males. I'm 240 lbs. Also it is under the teenage section.

6. jailynn24hb

Please Help Me!

Last edited by mjaddi; Today at 11:04 AM. Reason: read sticky

7. jailynn24hb

Please Help Me!

Like others have said, you need to go read the stickies. They are there for a reason, ie so people dont have to answer the same question over and over and over again. I would guess that you didn't read them (or if you did, didn't comprehend them), and now want people to spoon feed you. If you want that type of interaction then hire a personal trainer. If you read the stickies then you can ask specific questions about diet ( which is really apparent you have no clue about, but you will after reading the stickies) and training. Will it make you an expert (fyi, giving an attitude to the people you are asking for free help isn't exactly smart)? Not even close, but it will point yourself into the right direction. So if you really want to change yourself, then do some research on your own and then if you still have questions then fire away.

8. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Please Help Me!

You are right, I am clueless when it comes to health and fitness. In other topics I am the one answering questions. I HAVE read stickies... not all of them but some of them that I thought would answer my questions. They probably did but the amount of information is too much for me to comprehend in a topic that is way over my head. A simple answer like yes you can still build strength or no you can't would have sufficed. Otherwise you could have ignored my question and let someone else answer it who wasn't annoyed by it. I am not trying to be rude but when ppl join a forum it is to get help not to be directed to stickies over and over again. Get over yourself.

And **** this forum there are others out there with less stuck up ass holes.

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Please Help Me!

Now now remember alot of these guys take this stuff REAL serious. THis is not just a fitness board many of the folks are body builders and strong man folks so they can get a little gruff.

By diet I would mean, make smart choices. Eat plenty of protiens and vegies, stick with whole grains. Lay off the fried foods and processed juck. NO SWEETS except on special occasions. You do not seem to be preparing for a contest or any thing so think back to what your mom said about eating. THe only thing I would realy suggest that is differant is eat six small meals a day instead of three big. Oh and drink a galleon of water a day. Just my thoughts and realise I am not an expert like many here. Just a amature lifter that hopes to be something better one day.

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Please Help Me!

Do you need a tampon? We're just telling you to go use the search bar and read the stickies because every day their are 50 people on here with the same damn questions. Is this program okay? What am I doing wrong? How do I get fit? It's very simple and their is info everywhere, just research it and put in more time than a month before second guessing everything you are doing.