• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Pittsburgh Pirates (laughing stocks of Baseball - NO MORE)

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by suighja, Jul 22, 2012.

1. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I have been a Pirate fan since 1978. The early 90s were good to me, however my heart was broken when Barry Bonds was unable to throw our Sid Bream at home plate. I was in germany at that time on a training exercise and remember seeing the game on AFN. They then continued to suck for nearly twenty years. Anyway, I am finally encouraged by this team. With an addition or two, I can see them actually fighting for the NL Crown. It has been a long time since the Pirates were relevant, I am enjoying baseball again! Go Bucs.

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh Pirates (laughing stocks of Baseball - NO MORE)

I'm a life-long Reds fan and it's a good race. We can't get any separation from them. I think it'll go all the way to the last week of the season, and the Cards will be in it also. Possibly one of them will get a wildcard too.

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

With 2 wildcards now in place many teams will be in it up until the end. I love the change and am happy for the fans of those teams who routinely are selling off their players right about now. Not a NL guy but with teams like the Pirates and Nationals playing good baseball I've been following more than usual.

With that said lets go Yankees

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Big White Sox and Marlins' fan, but would love to see the Bucs win this year....they probably play in one of the two best parks (AT&T being the other), and Pittsburgh is a great sports town....

5. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Just pm's you about the game today. Pirates are winners of 5 in a row. Ozzie is getting what he deserves this year.

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

I was glad to see him leave the Sox....should've been gone 3 years earlier....but I was really hoping he could help this young Marlins' team....

7. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Yeah it was time for him to go. He and Kenny could not get along and he always wanted to be the center of attention. He needs a dose of humble pie. thought he may have gotten that from the castro comments, but that was short lived.

8. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Yeah...we got a short memory down here...
      That ended up being news to no one except a handful of older exiles and the local stations.....The story died pretty quickly....

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Very surprised to see the Bucs doing so well and McCutchen is the bomb this year! I've always been a Yankees fan (even though I was born in Toronto--blame it on my American mother, LOL) but I appreciate good baseball no matter who plays. Bucs, even if they finish at .500 this year, are the surprise team and good for them.

As for Ozzie, Karma is the biyotch. Same with Bobby V for Boston. Your pink slips--along with your pink dumbbells--await.

10. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the year, I would have been OK with a 500 record. Now, I am expecting more.