• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Pies!

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by masoven4u, Aug 19, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Some of you might find this unusual (because I am a man) that I enjoy, not only cooking in general, but baking. I love making pies, especially pies that are just really basic so that they are relatively healthy and most of the time, pretty low calorie. For instance, my apple pie is only 225 cals a slice.

So I am looking to make a different kind of pie, but I am not sure what most other people would enjoy the most, since this is usually done for guests. If one you like is not on the list, please tell me what you do like.

I figured BBing.com would give me a lot of feedback, so it's a good place to put a poll like this. Apple is not on the list because it's one I make most often. Also, I want to keep it to fruit and berries.

2. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Pies!

**** it I can't resist!

No surprise on the baking kraken, do you wear your heels or flats web you bake? Dress or skirt????

Now get in the kitchen and make me a smamich!!!

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Pies!

I've been in Oklahoma for several weeks. My brother has one huge garden, squash coming out his ears. He makes a squash pie that is absolutely delicious. You would never know that it was yellow squash! He does a loaf cake as well that is out of this world! I'm not much of a baker, but I can eat the stuff for sure. Ha Just finished off a peach cobbler that my Mom sent home with me! Ha

I realize that you're focused on fruit and berries, but a vegetable pie is certainly interesting.

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Pies!

In your list the only one I think of as a conventional pie is cherry. Blueberries, blackberries, and peaches are for cobblers in my Southern way of thinking. How did they come up with the name cobbler? I know in the old days a shoe maker or repairer was a cobbler. I have heard the word cobble used to describe a way of throwing something together or making something substandard.

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Pies!

I like apple pie. Especially those made with Granny Smith (machine) apples.

6. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Pies!

I choose blueberries, Cobbler is a pie, but the crust is on top.

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Pies!

LOL I can agree with you! Southern boy here. It's hard to beat a blackberry cobbler with a dip or two of vanilla ice cream! I believe your understood definition; to cobble together, is indeed where the name comes from.

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Pies!

where is pizza pie on the list?? wtf??

[​IMG]

9. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Pies!

Would have said Pumpkin Pie, since it's my favorite, but not on the list. So blueberry since I love me some blueberries, could eat them all day.

10. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Pies!

I'd pick cherry from the list but love key lime pie. Oh and I don't think it's weird. I make cheesecakes myself. Usually during the holidays my big family puts in their requests and I'm cranking them out

Tags: