• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Out of a job...

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by crormaSoila18, Jul 30, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Got laid off today. It caught me by surprise, and man it sucks. I've never really had to interview for a job. My first job out of college was for a company where I had worked as a summer intern before, so I didn't have to interview there. Then 16 years ago I was recruited by a company which I still work for today. I didn't really have a formal interview for that either.

I'll get 28 weeks severance pay, and my termination date is not until next month, so it's not a tragic situation for me. I just wish I didn't have to go through the whole job hunt and interview thing. I took the rest of the day off after being notified this morning, and already made three contacts, any of which sound like they could be real possibilities. It would be nice if I could go right into a new job and take that 28 weeks pay to the bank... and maybe splurge on a little something shiny and sparkly.

It really sucks that I'll lose my free workout facility!

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

That's rough! Certainly hope that you can find new employment quickly. I can't imagine having to interview for a new job. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

3. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

Thanks to the current administration you are among many. Sorry to hear about your job loss though, and hope you fall right into a better one.

4. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

I just went through this recently and fortunately landed on my feet. The bad side was that I had only been with the company a few year and hadn't earned much severance pay. I started looking as soon as rumors started going around. I was able to take another job and maybe saved the job of one of my colleagues in the process. Best of luck to you!

5. Bartomo

Bartomo Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

well good luck finding something else..

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

I suggest joining LinkedIn. It is like facebook for business/professional networking rather than social.
      http://www.linkedin.com/

Best of luck with your job search.

7. clutas

clutas Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

Am sorry to hear about you losing your job, I`ll say a prayer for you, always something positive comes from them !

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

Best of luck to you. Prayers are sent your way. Being out of work is anxiety provoking, however i am sure that you will find something soon. Stay positive.

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

Sorry to hear this! Good luck with the contacts you've already made, you're doing the right thing by reaching out right away. Hope you wind up with something even better and soon!

10. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Out of a job...

Really sorry to hear that Toby. I will be praying for your situation. I'm sure that there is something better out there for you.

Tags: