• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • New to bodybuilding, no results :(

Discussion in 'Training' started by defelqy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

New to bodybuilding, no results :(

Ok, does training legs stimulate hormones which enable upper body to grow faster as well or does training legs only affect legs? And yes i plan on enrolling in club 24. So you would recommend drinking whey protein about 3 times a day if i work out an hour only once a day? Or only drink it before/after working out.

2. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

How long you workout is irrelevant when it comes to protein intake. My workouts are on average 45 mins to an hour (two upper days per week and two lower days per week) and I eat the same amount of protein 7 days per week. You don't grow in the gym, you grow when you rest so that's when the protein is even more important that while you're working out.

3. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you very much for the help! I'm going to start going to a gym as soon as i can and until then do what I'm doing and increase protein intake to 130 grams so I'll drink whey 3 times a day or so.

Also, i calculated my maintenance calories and it's 2336 so I should eat 2836 a day right?

4. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Sounds right depending on you're height. I eat 2500 a day to bulk and I'm around you're weight but I'm 5'4 so if you're taller then yes sounds right.

5. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

2836 from any foods right? I don't want my workout to be too light and all the calories to make me gain fat lol

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

You can still take care of nutrition pretty well even if you're a vegetarian.
      I'd give this a read if I were you, it'll take no more than 2 minutes: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post958871793

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Yes, IIFYM. As long as you are lifting frequently and consistently with progressive overload you will gain muscle.