• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • New to bodybuilding, no results :(

Discussion in 'Training' started by defelqy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

So I've been doing exercise at home and i'm very limited on exercise for another couple months until we buy equipment for home. I'm 17 years old weigh only 128 pounds. I want to get bigger before college but I'm not really gaining muscle. I drink one scoop of protein shake with milk after working out. I'm guessing this is too little since I'm a VEGETARIAN. So, how much protein should I be getting a day?

I do about 1 hour of exercise a day (chest+tri+abs one day and biceps+forearms+shoulder another day and rotate).

Are there any tips? I read stickied threads too just looking for some more feedback, thanks!

Only equipment available at my home at the moment are a couple of dumbells.

And I heard about creatine being really helpful, is it ok to take? Any info on it? I'm researching that up right now.

2. defelqy

New to bodybuilding, no results :(

whats your diet like?

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I don't eat meat but I do eat eggs so I have 3 eggs for breakfast with a cup of milk and drink about 30grams of protein from milk a day and about 20 grams from protein shake. I guess I only get around 75 grams a day.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

You should be getting at least around 1g of protein per lb of body weight. Vegetarian diets typically lack sufficient protein so have whey several times per day. Also, you need to start training legs. Try and invest in a gym membership if you can. If price is an issue there is that phaggy ass gym called planet fitness for like $10 a month or something (it's lame as fuark but it would be better than what you're doing now since they have more equipment). Figure out your maintenance calories and eat about 500 cals above this number every day. Creatine is a good supplement with scientific studies to back it up. Take 5g per day everyday (timing doesn't matter), and yes it is safe to use.

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

if there is anyway you could drop the vegan and start smashing steaks, DO IT

6. defelqy

This

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Lol how the **** is that a vegetarian, you eat fish aswell? and only chicken wings perhaps?

If you are interested, training with a couple of dumbells will get you nowhere, join a gym and learn about proper nutrition.

8. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

This was my workout please let me know what I should do to enhance it!

3 sets of bicep curl 10 reps each; 3 sets of concentrated curls 10 reps each, 3 sets of hammer curls 10 reps each, 3 sets of dumbbell wrist curl 10 reps each, 3 sets of dumbbell reverse wrist curl 10 reps each and 3 sets of seated shoulder press 10 reps each. I do this 3 TIMES A WEEK

3 sets of normal push ups 10 reps each. 3 sets of diamond push ups 10 reps each. 3 sets of wide push ups 6 reps each. Then just lots of abs exercises lol (i'm fine on abs since i'm skinny). I do this 3 times a week as well.

With about 75grams of protein a day only, I'm guessing this would not be very efficient lol. For such a light workout, how much protein should I get weighing 128 pounds 5 foot 9 inches.

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

StrongCurlMonkey /10

Pushups won't do much either once you get above a certain rep range (well besides endurance). I already answered your protein question. If you weight 128lbs eat about 130g protein per day.

10. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

DONT FORGET YOUR WHEELS
      Just do some lunges with db in hands
      Creatine is safe
      Need more protein than that drink lots of milk and take atleast 2 scoops of protein.