• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Maximum gains in LBM in a month for a beginner

Discussion in 'Training' started by masoven4u, Sep 10, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Maximum gains in LBM in a month for a beginner

I am aware that there are always diminishing returns when it comes down to lifting. My story is very simple. I started training two years ago. But i failed miserably. Believing in broscience, I was stuffing my face with 4k+ calories hoping to become big quickly. My second mistake was training with the same weights, never progressing. What happened to me is a real display of my ****ing stupidity. I gained fat, did not build any substantial muscle and ended up playing the 1 step forward, two steps backwards game. After looking at myself I decided to cut and to start from scratch. I started cutting in May 2012 and am now down to 143 lbs at 6 ft 1. ( pic attached for my current condition )

I consider myself a beginner as 143 lbs at 6 ft 1 is ****ing pathetic. The only good thing is that I am now sort of lean ( i hope ) so I want to start fresh ( better later than never ). My maintenance is around: 15 x 143 lbs= 2145 kcal. My training is optimized now, I know how to push myself and read a lot about linear progression, muscle loading and proper sleep and rest. I skipped the broscience frequent meals ****, eat whole foods and keep increasing weights every time.

But for the nutrition part, I am scared of coming back to my fat-soft appearance and condition. My dilemma is my weight ( 143 ****ing lbs ) and fear of gaining fat. In your opinion, should I go for a 250 kcal surplus or in my case a 500 kcal surplus will be better ? Training natty: no bicycles or celltech or dreambulks

help please. We all make mistakes and I want to redeem myself now.

2. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Another pic attached - my current condition as of September 2012

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

It's two pounds.

4. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I gained 28 LBM in 9 months so .. Yeah you can get around 2-3 lbm/month, don't aim for more.. You want to be lean, not to get 5 lbs/month of which 4 lbs are fat.

5. crormaSoila18

This leads to misinformation... facepalm.

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

You're 15. You went through puberty. Your bones and organs grew. So did your muscles. But you didn't gain 28 pounds of muscle in 9 months.

I'm gonna go with what Francis said. Possibly 2.1 pounds if you do everything right.

7. crormaSoila18

Lol where'd you get the 2.1lbs?
      Also I agree, I don't think it's possible naturally to gain 28 lbs of legitimate LBM in a period of 9 months.