• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Into Tablets Anyone?

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by jailynn24hb, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I just ordered this one --> ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch Tablet (Gray) (copy and past that into Amazon to get the run down on it if you wish)
      It will be here Tuesday, I have Amazon Prime for students, it rocks one day shipping is only 3.99 per item.
      Well it is suppose to be the baddest of the bad as far as tablets are concerned. Even superior to the new ipad. While Apple makes great products I don't like or care for the way they limit how you can use them (i.e. no mass storage device mode, is a deal breaker for me), so I ordered this Asus tablet it just launched last week.

If anyone is in the market for a tablet or would like me to give a detailed review of my personal experience with it and my opinions on it, I will try to do so by the end of next weekend. That should give me enough time to play with it and test it out. I Love getting High Tech Gadgets in the mail its like Christmas coming to your door.

The Asus series tablets also have an optional keyboard dock that extends the battery life by up to five hours (those are the company claims any ways) and fold over the tablet making it a more like a mini laptop. This is part of the reason I wanted this line of tablets too, I plan on ordering the keyboard dock (goes for $149) and lugging the whole thing around school instead of carrying a much bulkier and heavier laptop.

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

What does your brothers girlfriend think of it?

3. FLEX

FLEX Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

A computer of any type is only as good as the applications available to it, in the case of tablets the iPad is the king, and will remain that way for a long time to come.

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

Their integration system is pretty dam good, I give them that. Being all from one store and only configured for one device makes things really smooth, this will be my first Android device, so here we go taking the plunge. I just hate the no mass storage device feature from Apple. I try to not let myself become a fan-boy of any product, and remind myself to buy the best products at the best prices at the time. For right now today, it is the Asus 700 as far as hardware is concerned. Most reviews I have seen (I did a lot of research as it is expensive) say they couldn't recommend this tablet or the ipad, that it would just be what ever one you prefer, or os you prefer.

5. wakamjibu1n

wakamjibu1n Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

He broke up with that girl a long time ago.

6. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

I have a Kindle Fire. Gets the job done when I'm away from my laptop, at $199.

7. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

You're talking the base system, specs mean nothing without the ability to exploit them. The apps available for Android in the tablet form factor are few and far between, and what is there is of much lower quality then available to the iPad. If its just going to be for internet consumption then great, app wise, good luck with that.

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

I sure am! A new iPad.

9. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

I've been considering the new Google Nexus 7, same size as the Kindle Fire, but better specs all around!! Same price too, $199 for the 8GB version and $249 for the 16GB version. At those prices its worth the pain of app envy!

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Into Tablets Anyone?

The added benefit of the KF is that I get free movies from amazon and other perks as a prime member.

Tags: