• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • IIFYM Does work! I love it, thank you bodybuilding.com for making life easier

Discussion in 'Training' started by crormaSoila18, Jul 10, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Okay I was just planning and thinking and please correct me if I am wrong...
      Say my weight was 150lbs and my calorie budget to maintain weight is 3,000 calories per day
      (Example)
      now if I hit all my protein first

so 450 grams of chicken breast fillets = 621 calories and 138 grams of protein
      then 100 grams of tuna drained chunks = 105 calories and 25 grams of protein

so thats 163 grams of protein already, ( I should be having 150 grams so I ate more)

Total calories spent : 726
      So 3,000 calories - 726 = 2,274
      So I could eat what ever the fk I want with 2,274 calories?? Correct :O

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

IIFYM Does work! I love it, thank you bodybuilding.com for making life easier

Last edited by Mobster1995; Today at 09:55 AM.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

short answer: no

long: hell no

4. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

You can only afford about 10-15% max of processed foods per day. (20% max when cutting)

5. adabook

adabook Well-Known Member

It is "if it fits you macros", not if it fits your protein.

Check how much fat you need in your diet. The rest is usually taken by carbs.

IFFYM is not really about eating ****, I still think there is merit in eating micro filled food in terms of long term well being. That said I usually have no problem making 20% of my macros come from snacks. Whether eating chips, energy drink or some lollies. I don't feel guilty at all.

6. Marky

Marky Well-Known Member

So if I found how many fats are needed, then i can fill the rest of the calories on carbs or whatever yes? by the way mirin those biceps

7. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Technically yeah. I personally would still advise to eat decently and allocate XXX calories to cheat food. Say 10-20%. Having an allocating just helps cravings while the rest of the diet usually stays spot on (the less variation, the more consistent you can be without worrying too much about fluctuations).

You can still do what you want though, as long as you meet your macro nutrient, it doesn't matter that much about where the food came from (from a body composition point of view), as far as long term health goes, that is another story on its own.

8. roger

roger Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! Repped.

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

technically yes. AS LONG as you hit your protein & fat macro MINIMUMS you can fill the rest of you cals with any combination, but if you decide to ONLY hit them with junk I guarantee you wont start to feel so good. Make sure you get some micronutrients in there. Eat alot of veggies and BAM your set for the day also taking a multi will help with the micros.

10. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Yes, but the healthier food the better. Gotta get dem micros in.

Oh and some people go with the 40/40/20 rule, 40% of calories from protein, 40% from carbs and 20% from fats. Although that ends up being alot of protein.