• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How I Psych Up Before A Big Lift

Discussion in 'Training' started by vijugati8g, Oct 3, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Pumping myself up before the big PR has been a huge part of my lifting and has allowed me to push past the limits, on the verge of puking. Mental strength allows you to overcome adversity, things you don't think you can accomplish. It's something I simply need to do to lift heavy. How do you do it you may ask? Well, I can't answer that exactly. Everyone's different. But I can tell you how I do it. The most important factor is the music. The music is connected to an experience, and creates an atmosphere. Lyrics that get me fired up like never before. The lyrics need to have meaning to my personal life. Metallica is one of the best for this and use it on most of my PRs. It's hard to describe the feeling. I get tingles, shakes, visions. I imagine the weight going up. No doubt, no failure, complete focus. I walk around the school collecting my thoughts. My thoughts are mostly of memories. Things I regret, nights I wish I could have back. Hatred, sadness, anger. Head straight into the weight room, walk up to the bar and demolish. No pain, the weight is so easy because I allow it to be. You need to harness all the anger you've had in your life and put it into that lift.

Start walking at around 4:00. Walk into weight room at 4:50 and grab the bar. Focus on the lyrics, rage, hate. Lift at 5:25. Hate it all away.

5:30. Focus on the lyrics: I'll die if I let go, control is love, love is control. If you fail this set, you will die. Lift at 6:30.

These are just some examples of songs that I connect with. That is important. You need to find songs that YOU connect with on a personal level. Find something that makes you angry as fuk. Good luck next workout guys

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

How I Psych Up Before A Big Lift

ok.

3. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

penetrate at 1:11

5. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Lol personally I need to understand they lyrics to get pumped. Not really virgins bleeding :/

7. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

yeah but it reminds me of everytime i fap to hard and get really angry cause its a bloody mess

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

if I get angry before setting a PR I usually fail. I just need to get an optimistic pump, obviously still requires some meditation before the set. it's just a completely different vibe than being angry and works 100x better for me imo

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Strong lifting to fap ratio

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

dont really like slipknot but pretty easy for me to connect with it since i hate people

Tags: