• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by laxgoaliesrhs, Jul 23, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Help!!!!!!

Bolded are your first two problems. You need to know how much and of what you're eating, not guessing or estimating it.

This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
      *Emma-Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com

By eating foods high in healthy (read: non-man-made trans fat) fats such as fatty cuts of meat, fatty fish, nuts, peanut butter, full-fat dairy, avocados, etc.

As far as your routine, you need something much more appropriate for your current level of development.

What is your present 5-rep max for Squat, Deadlift, and Bench Press, and what is your primary goal?

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Help!!!!!!

Squat 185 Deadlift 170 Bench 165 not great I know but way better than when I started.
      My goal is to gain muscle and reduce body fat.
      Based on all the comments regarding my current routine I am searching this site for a new one.
      I am committed and do not want to give up.
      When I started a year and half ago I was 210lbs of fat, now I am 187lbs of fat. I would love to see any progress as far a muscle goes.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Help!!!!!!

Here are a couple of good choices, based on your current stats:

Beginner bodybuilding program:
      *Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

Beginner strength program:
      *Farley's SS Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243

Either of these programs will move you along. And while mass and strength aren't completely mutually-exclusive, they're just different-enough goals to merit some individuality as far as programming goes.

RE your goal of cutting fat: unless you're obese and have never lifted a weight in your life, that goal is diametrically opposed to building mass/strength. A good choice is to figure your calories/macros, eat at slightly above maintenance, and train your butt off on one of the programs linked above.

Stick with that approach for 8-12 weeks, and then at that time, evaluate where you're at as opposed to where you want to be.

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Help!!!!!!

great advise repped

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Help!!!!!!

Well starting next week I will try this:
      Squats
      Bench Presses
      Bent-Over Rows
      Overhead Barbell Presses
      Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
      Barbell Curls
      Calf Raises

Although I am a little confused by it. More than likely because I have read too many muscle mags.

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Help!!!!!!

Monday/Wed/Friday
      Squats
      Bench Presses
      Bent-Over Rows
      Overhead Barbell Presses
      Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
      Barbell Curls
      Calf Raises

Saturday Cardio 30 minutes/Abs

How does this sound? And after the 5 week period should I move into isolation exercises?

7. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Help!!!!!!

Concentrate on that routine.

You don't need any more isolation exercises than are already in it for at least another 6 months.
      In fact, you can afford to drop the Barbell Curls and you'll still see ample bicep growth if you do the rest of the routine correctly.

Also, I'd personally drop the Stiff Legged Deadlifts and just go with Deadlifts.