• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Gym trainers wont leave me alone

Discussion in 'Training' started by sehiaudop, May 25, 2012.

1. sehiaudop

sehiaudop Well-Known Member

Hello, I just got a membership at a huge gym. I am 17 and skinny so that makes me look younger. so anyway, today I went on my first training and as soon as I came they found me a trainer who is telling me what to do. I would definitly like someone to show me how each machine works, but I didn't want this.
      I wouldn't complain if I was doing some compound exercises, but all I did was two sets of crunches and almost half an hour of cardio(bicycle, rowing and treadmill). He didn't even ask me for my goals(mass).
      What should I do?? When I enter the gym tomorrow he will come to me for sure telling me what exercises to do)
      I hate this. Do they think I am retarded? I guess it's because I am the youngest there.

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Gym trainers wont leave me alone

Just don't do it. Tell them you'd rather do your own exercises.

3. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

just find a good training program here on bb.com (babylovers ss would probably work rlly good for you) and stick with that.

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

You can either sit there and keep working out the wrong way and regret it every time or you can tell him straight up that this isn't what you want. I would say find a solid program that you want to do (plenty on here like Madcow, SS, WS4SB3, etc.) and show him that and tell him you want to do it. If he keeps telling you he knows what hes doing, just tell him off and say you will be fine by yourself.

5. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Do a bit of research online, practice form on all exercises, bench/squat/deads etc. with a broomstick or something. Select a routine (eg. Starting Strength) and read about nutrition so you know what to do.

Next time you step into the gym do your own thing, and when the trainer comes tell him you know what you're doing and you'll be fine on your own. If he starts telling you shiit like 'you'll put more muscle with my help only 9.99$ or some other crap' ignore him and politely decline his offer and keep going. Put headphones on, don't pay attention to what he says and lift.

6. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Tell him to leave you alone and let you do your own thing.. or ask for some tips on compound movements.
      good luck with everything mate.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

inb4 "gym trainer told me not to do squats"
      Just tell me one thing, are you paying him?

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Going to a big franchised gym, a lot of trainers will always pick on the new members to try and get them to pay for training lessons. They make most their money on the number of clients they have, so being young, and impressionable he is preying on you. As was said earlier check out some of the workouts on BB.com, buy a log book, and start training yourself.

Good luck.

9. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Lol dont Use the machines u idiot do it right or gtfo the gym machines are made for old people and isolation u need compound movements

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

are you paying this guy or is he just following you around & telling you what to do?