• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Form Check: Deadlift, Bench, Squat

Discussion in 'Training' started by vijugati8g, Oct 5, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Here is a video I made just to get your opinions on my form. I included all lifts in this one video, with commentary about some things I'm looking for. Please watch the video below and critique my form for each lift, or just one. I learned these techniques from Elite FTS's "so you think you can squat" and "so you think you can bench" and learned the deadlift form from SmittyDiesel's "how to deadlift". I have been doing these lifts for over a year consistently and just now starting to perfect my form. Before, my form was crap on bench and squat so I changed my form to prevent future injuries.

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Form Check: Deadlift, Bench, Squat

Deads looked solid, a nitpick would be your bending your knees before the bar is past them on the descent. Bench looked very solid. I'll let someone else critique your squats but one thing I noticed is your not quite hitting parallel.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

do you want to be a powerlifter?

bench and deadlift look good powerlifting wise
      grip on bench does look pretty close, but if it works for you whatever lol some other power lifters are like that too haha the only thing id keep in mind if your gonna do a grip that close is that your pinky MUST be atleast touching the rings for powerlifting whereas right now it looks like your little less than a cm off lol
      squats for highbar is pretty wide, don't you feel it in your hip flexors while doing that? also a good consideration to switch to lowbar squat to lift more
      squat depth is questionable during some of the reps

above all else one of the best things you can do is eat more, heavy squats, deadlifts require a big amount of calories for recovery + just good to eat more to get bigger in genral of course lool.

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

He weighs 37 more pounds then you kid. I think the advice you posted is pretty bad. Squat foot width is determined by how much you want to work your legs, there is no wrong answer for this unless your feet are less then a foot apart. The close grip is determined by how much you want to work your tri's while benching and I'd say hes doing a damn good job lifting big weight doing it the way he is and again there really isn't a right or wrong answer for this.

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

hes 6'1 for 188 lol
      although im not that heavy either 5'9, 165lbs now
      i speak for him POWERLIFTING WISE whereas you have to touch rings lol i only say powerlifting wise cause of the videos hes watched and the technique he uses for bench in particular. my lifts are similiar. about the foot thing whatever lol up to op to decide, i asked him if he had any tension in his hip flexors while doing a highbar squat that wide

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

3:37 LMAO. You cannot have been serious.

7. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I don't aim to be a powerlifter, I'm more into bodybuilding. I just love doing the powerlifting lifts because I love pushing myself with heavy weights. Thanks for your opinions on my form. Now about the squats, I really can't do lowbar squats because I have a torn labrum in my left shoulder- so I don't have enough shoulder range of motion in my left arm. I don't feel my hip flexors straining during high bar squats because I always warm up/ foam roll before every workout. In other words, my hip flexors are more flexible than the average gym rat. I will work on depth as I progress- one can not perfect form in one day.

8. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

I know, Horrible form right? I decided I was going to hurt myself if I continued doing that, so I stopped.

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Amazing arch and great control on your Bench.

DL looked solid.

It appears that you're doing high bar squat which I know nothing about, so I will leave it...but it does look awkard compared to other high bar squats I've seen...but again I'm at no place to critique a high bar squat.

And Ginja - I think he was serious...lol it did look funny tho.

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I think he means the "lets go barbie" looking motion you did right before the lift lol. Solid lifts tho.