• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Ever been in a real fight?

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by alomjabpd, May 17, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Ever been in a real fight?

Years ago at East coast hardcore shows with skinheads. I don't think I've been in a fight since I was about 20, and that's fine with me.

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Street fights? Yes, when I was younger. Won some, lost some....worst beating I ever took was from a kid who was a lot smaller than I was....dude was quick lol...
      Don't do that any more though. Very little worth things escalating to that level.

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

It's my forte.

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Yes, when I was an angry mess in my late teens, early twenties.

Not very becoming .

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

As a kid and into early 20's I was hit way more than I hit others

Now I do karate tournaments which are point fighting only. That means very light contact to the head and pretty much as hard as you want to the body but no kicks below the groin. At my age I feel it's all the contact I would ever want and hope I never ever have to fight 'on the street'. As others said it's not worth it unless you are protecting yourself or your family/friends from harm of course.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Yes. I don't like to fight, and generaly I'm a peace maker..... but if you make me angry(like the Hulk says), you won't like me much. Three of my most memerable fights were when I was sticking up for someone else. I don't like bullies...

7. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Too many to count.

I worked doors on some really rough joints. Could pretty much guarantee trouble once a week. Having to throw a punch maybe once every couple of months. Luckily for me, I was pretty good at laying someone out with one punch if need be. Being sober against someone who's probably had far too much alcohol also helped. Otherwise I'd probably have got my ass kicked a lot more than I did.
      Haven't had a fight for 6 years now though as I've given it up.

8. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Grew up playing hockey and played through college....so cant even remember the amount there. (those really dont count though).

In high school several good ones. Also connected most with hockey...but off the ice. Locker room issues were often settled with "helmets and gloves" fights. Winner take all. Last guy standing is right....but there were a few guys where the grudges went deeper and we settled it with real fights.

In college and beyond, I have never personally started a fight, but have got dragged into several as I had some real DB friends. Even though they were DB's when drunk sometimes, you just cant let your friend get jumped by more then one guy. So, I ended up in a bunch that I did not want to be in....

In my adult life....I am happy to say 'no'....it is never something I would go looking for....but if it were protecting friends or family, I would not hesitate if required.

Tags: