• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Coffee, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by remstation, Jul 4, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

There is research out there that says its good, and some says its bad.
      I love me coffee. Its my get up and go in the am and I also use it for my pre training stim. I also like the taste.
      There is tons of conflicting info out there. Do what you think is right.

2. masoven4u

Coffee, good or bad?

That's your opinion. Personally, I think there are some things that are best avoided all together. ( And just incase people are wondering it has nothing to do with the popular religious views in my area, ie Utah and Mormonism. I'm not Mormon. )

3. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

Women who drink a few cups of caffeinated coffee have a lower risk of depression than women who don't drink any coffee, according to a Harvard study.

That research, published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, shows that women who drink two to three cups of coffee a day have a 15 percent lower risk, while women who drink four or more cups of coffee a day have a 20 percent lower risk.

Harvard School of Public Health study shows that men who drink six cups of coffee a day have a 60 percent decreased chance of developing a dangerous form of prostate cancer, as well as a 20 percent decreased chance of developing any other kinds of prostate cancer.

The study, published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, also shows that just drinking just some coffee a day -- just one to three cups -- could still cut prostate cancer risk by 30 percent.

New research presented at the American Association for Cancer Research conference shows that coffee could help to ward off basal cell carcinoma, the most common cancer in the world.

Researchers from Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School found that women who drink three or more cups of caffeinated coffee a day have a 20 percent lower risk of the skin cancer, while men had a 9 percent lower risk.

Decaf coffee didn't seem to have the same protective effect -- so "our study shows that the inverse association with BCC appears due to caffeine, not other components in the coffee consumption," study researcher Fengju Song, Ph.D.

Drinking coffee is associated with a lower Type 2 diabetes risk, with more coffee consumption linked to a greater decrease in risk, according to an Archives of Internal Medicine review of studies from 2009.

In that review, researchers looked at data from more than 450,000 people in 18 studies, and found that for every extra cup of coffee drank a day, a person's risk of Type 2 diabetes decreased by 7 percent.

However, researchers cautioned that "the putative protective effects of these beverages warrant further investigation in randomized trials."

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

Some fairly recent information:

http://www.deepdyve.com/lp/taylor-fr...fee-YpgJWAA5jv

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Coffee, good or bad?

1-2 pots a day for the last 23 years. Cant be good for me but my labs are good.

Without it my resting heart rate sits in the 40s and I feel like garbage. Coffee gets me up into the 60s which is much more comfortable.

7. masoven4u

Coffee, good or bad?

I don't trust anyone that doesn't drink coffee !

Tags: