• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Can't find the motivation

Discussion in 'Training' started by Korporalegq, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Hey guys i used to work out when i was 15-17 but after meeting my long term girlfriend working out seemed to take a back seat in my life and i no longer was interested in it but now we have a house together and i find myself want to get fit again but i can't find the motivation as i keep thinking if i stop again then it was all a waste of time and that 1 day of working out does nothing so i stop doing it and watch tv i want to get out this rut any tips?

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Can't find the motivation

im in the same boat man, i used to be pretty fit a couple years ago but now i'm a fat slob

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

it's horrible isn't it i look into the mirror now and think "**** what happened"

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Stop making excuses and in general being a whiny bitch, and just do what you well and truly know you should be doing. ffs.

5. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

It's not as easy as that...Plus i have other **** in my life that puts me down and makes me not want to get out of bed for work in the morning never mind working out lol then i have a naggy ass gf when i get in its complicated i need something to motivate me to make me think it's not going to be a complete waste of time also i struggle to think what i would be able to eat to help me with bigger gains on a budget.

6. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Ah well, I tried. That kind of "motivation" works for some people. I mean, some random stranger on the interwebs being a bastard at you - how can this fail?!

I dunno, mate. But look at the Nutrition forum, and post there, for all your food-oriented questions. I know for a fact you can eat big, with a ton of protein, without breaking most budgets. It's doable.

And exercise... you're right, in that it requires motivation, but in essence, what I said before is kinda true - it has to come from you: life, gf, work and the rest be damned. You really have to want this thing, and then make it happen. No amount of others advising you in this way or that is going to suffice.

IOW, motivation is entirely an internal thing. You have to create it / summon it / will it into being, not "find" it.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Leave her, workout, find a new woman in 3 years when you're swolle.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Haha i can't she's the only women i can tolerate without wanting to punch her face 24/7. Again though she is a women so i kinda know at points in the day shes gonna whine the face off me haha and trying too look at my local supermarkets food but all meats and chicken are quite expensive :p

9. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Motivation Forum -> motivation quotes

If you keep making excuses then you clearly don't want to get fit

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Partly that's true, But it's also a mind set i think as i said stuck in a rut and i always think if i bust my ass of for years getting fit then hit a slump again it was all a waste of time.