• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Body weight training

Discussion in 'Training' started by Lynk, May 4, 2016.

1. Lynk

Lynk Member

I've always enjoyed things like push-ups, wall-sits and exercises like this that I can do at home or traveling. It's hard for me to make time for the gym all the time, but I can usually fit in some kind of at-home training every day. So I wondered if any of you have had success with a body weight program? Or if you know of any good programs or routines I should try?

Thanks in advance!
      (btw I'm female if that matters?)

2. amelia88

amelia88 Member

3. vegito12

vegito12 Member

I have done calf pushup which is move your toes and put on ground and raise back of feet up and do it for a few seconds and give it a break and do it with the other leg as well and the first few times may seem difficult and will be something the body will take time to get used to and enjoy as well. I also do streches in the morning and afternoon which can be a good thing to move all the muslces in the body and be active in the process which can make you focus on things you want to do and can be enjoyable as you feel like you have accomplished something as well. It is interesting trying new exercises which can help you be fit and active as well as you can use it to tone body your lose some weight which can be a good goal and you can also do it with friends which can give you motivation in the process.

4. fcuco

fcuco Member

If you are female you probably want to train your legs a lot, and body-weight exercises for legs are kind of complicated once you can squat easily without added weight. You could get resistance bands, those are great for all kinds of exercises and lightweight enough to carry them around while traveling, not exactly body weight but you are going to reach a point where doing push ups is going to be too easy as you become stronger.

Consider also a medicinal ball, you can't carry around that but they are cheap and you can do a ton of leg and glutes exercises while home.