• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Best hamstring exercises?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Lynk, May 6, 2016.

1. Lynk

Lynk Member

I really want to tighten and tone this area before summer and work on my hamstring strength in general.

So, I do deadlifts already, it's one of my favorite exercises actually. What else can I do? Any good exercises for hamstrings that don't require equipment for when I travel?

I have just starting walking & jogging again in my neighborhood which is full of REALLY steep hills, so I am hoping that will help also!

Thanks in advance folks!

2. fcuco

fcuco Member

Make sure to squat too, you don't want any muscle imbalance. (Squats also train your hamstrings along with your quads). You are already doing the best exercise that you can do for hamstrings but you could try hamstrings kickbacks although that's going to be a walk in the park for you if you do very heavy deadlifts, you can also do Donkey kicks, mostly working your glutes but your hamstrings too to a degree, and, once again, beware of muscle imbalances, you have to work your whole leg.