• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Allpros routine seems weird

Discussion in 'Training' started by fa2nzg, Jul 9, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I am not criticizing the program in anyway, I'm actually on the routine right now but I don't understand how having two light days for two thirds of the weeks workouts will build muscle, there is only one moderate/heavy day with the other two days dropping the weight to where it becomes quite easy, how will this help in anyway ? what if I feel like I can lift 7 lbs heavier next week ? thanks

2. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Allpros routine seems weird

You are obviously not very far into the program if the medium and light days are "quite easy". For the first cycle or two yes they may seem easy but once you get into it you will struggle to finish your heavy day sets at all and you will NEED those lighter days to recover completely for next weeks heavy day.

Think about it like this. On the third cycle your light day is now using the same weight you used for your heavy day from cycle 1.

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

OP...heed his advise^

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

thanks, so what happens if i feel like i can lift heavier for 1 more rep on the next week ? do i lift heavier ?

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Stick to the program. you'll get that extra rep you want the following week.

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what your numbers are but 10 and even 20% isn't that much weight. Your are talking 10/20lbs difference. And seriously, do you think that you are going to get ripped overnight? There is nothing forcing you to do his program. I don't even know why you would consider it if you doubted it at all. I surely wouldn't.

7. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

I've heard about this switching program disability that some people have, ok, but i feel like it would make more sense to go moderate each day of the week, how can i stimulate growth by dropping the weight and not increasing weight, thanks

8. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Stick to the progression in the routine. Add weight at the end of the cycle. Bodybuilding is a marathon, not a sprint. When it comes down to it, 5 weeks is a very short amount of time in bodybuilding. Just be patient.

9. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

You increase the volume every week. You increase the intensity after 5 weeks. That's your progression. It's not a workout to workout progression scheme. The medium and light days are to help you recover from the heavy day. And like I said earlier, you will need those days once you have completed a few cycles. And honestly unless you have done at least 3 cycles you shouldn't even be questioning the effectiveness of the progression because you haven't even scratched the surface of the routine.

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

ok, i understand, its just that im bulking and i have a mindset where i shouldnt be dropping weight because it feels like the extra calories are not being used good for growth