• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • A routine "smith" oriented. How do you guys feel about it. Please critique

Discussion in 'Training' started by defelqy, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

A routine "smith" oriented. How do you guys feel about it. Please critique

Should I just be adding them to my normal leg routine, or replacing something with them. someone today told me I should squatting 3x a week...+repped you btw

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

How long is your membership at this 'gym'? I'd really consider something else if that were the equipment at my disposal.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I agree, unfortunately Im not membership bound, I'm area and $ bound. :p

4. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

I would just throw them into your leg day. I dont know what triangle raises is for your shoulder work out but you don't seem to have any laterals in there. Also Bent Over BB rows are a great back exersize and I believe you would not have a problem on a smith with those at all.

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Not to be too critical but you have four days of upper body work and one lower day and you currently bench more than you squat. Hitting legs more than once a week might be something to try.

6. lonerr4evamp

lonerr4evamp Well-Known Member

Triangle raises are basically a lateral raise, but you raise straight out first, then to the sides, then down, then repeat, so yes I'm doing a lateral raise . I've done bent over rows on the smith before, they're not the greatest, but I could implement them as well, I'm just not sure if my back day needs much more intensity haha. I can give it another shot however.

7. gynybark

gynybark Guest

Sorry 7 I just saw this post. I mean Im open to opinions and options, Im just not sure how I would do it. Should I throw an entire leg routine in more then once a week? should i throw in a few sets of squats? what days would I be able to fit it in. I only have it set up that way because I've found that my legs need the longest recovery time, however to help prove your point, I do probably have the slowest strength gains in legs as well.