• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What are your goals in life?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Angelle, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Newstarter

Newstarter Well-Known Member

If I want to focus on anything, exercise, work, etc, I find that putting on my headphones and listening to music allows me to concentrate and ignore any potential distractions. Do you listen to different types of music for different exercises/training programs?

2. Tom White @gymtoto

Tom White @gymtoto Moderator

I actually listen to slow calming music. I feel better training in a calm state. All the heavy hardcore music actually puts me off.
      What does everyone on here listen to? And what music motivates you.

3. Newstarter

Newstarter Well-Known Member

It does make sense to listen to calming music when exercising as I presume stimulating music will get you "pumped up" and use up energy that should be kept for exercising?

4. Tom White @gymtoto

Calming music makes me feel relaxed mentally. I still get pumped from listening to it. I think everyone is different. Thats the good thing with training everyond is different.

5. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

When I had my treadmill in the garden office I used to listen to music all the time as it "took me to a different place" and allowed me to focus and concentrate while running.

6. Tom White @gymtoto

Its amazing how you think of meaningful things during cardio listening to music.
      I do cardio in mornings at moment as on cutting phase. I love doing that cardio listening to slow relaxing music. It inspires me.