• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • The Finnish dude that went to the gym..

Discussion in 'Online Journals' started by casse, Jan 24, 2012.

1. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Hello guys! I'm a 21 year old dude from Finland.
      I just got back from the army (for you who might be wondering, i was in the Finnish marine mortar squad, and in terms of the US Marine ranks i'm a sergeant) and i'm looking to start training at the gym again, the problem is... motivation...

Befor the army i was going to the gym about 3 times per week but in the army i wherer eiter too tired, too unmotivated or in the forest doing some exercise so after some time i had lost all motivation what so ever to go to the gym. Might add that the gym was in a terrible condition so that kinda added to the "don't wana go there" factor.

So now that i stepped on the scale i can only blame myself. I'm 5.77 feet. I've gone from 176 lbs to 160 lbs, and that's muscle mass loss and a bit fat gained..

But hey! I'm done whit the military now, and as said i wana get back to training and hope i'll get some help and motivation from you guys!

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

The Finnish dude that went to the gym..

Day 1. (yesturday)

Well after many if and but i got my ass to the gym and got started.

Here's what i did while in there:

Pushups:
      (warm up) x15 axel width between hands
      (warm up) x 15 wide
      (warm up) x 15 close

Dumbbell Bench Press:
      10 x 10 kg (warm up)
      10 x 17 kg
      10 x 20 kg
      10 x 22 kg
      (Hurt my shoulder befor the army while doing "nomal" bench and still can't do it whit a barbell whitout it hurting, but dumbbells are ok o_O)

Dumbbell Incline Bench Press:
      10 x 15 kg
      10 x 17 kg
      10 x 20 kg

Dumbbell Fly:
      10 x 6 kg (warm up)
      10 x 12 kg
      10 x 12 kg
      12 x 10 kg

Barbell Curl:
      9 x 30 kg
      10 x 25 kg
      11 x 20 kg

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
      8 x 8 kg
      10 x 6 kg
      10 x 6 kg

Well that was that. Starting of whit light weights as u sure noticed, don't wana get any shoulder injurys again. Tho i don't think i could go much higher as it is right now.. Oh and sorry 'bout posting in kg, but it would take me hours to start calculating it all to lbs.. But if you wana do some quick calculations 10 kg is about 22 lbs.

3. xenogent

xenogent Well-Known Member

Day 2.

Wooh! Got to the gym today too! *pats my own shoulder*

Well, what did i do today then? Let's see.

Pushups:
      (warm up) x15 axel width between hands
      (warm up) x 15 wide
      (warm up) x 15 close

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:
      10 x 40 kg (warm up)
      8 x 55 kg
      8 x 45 kg
      10 x 40 kg

Cable Seated Row:
      10 x 30 kg (warm up)
      10 x 40 kg
      10 x 50 kg
      10 x 45 kg

Ling T-Bar Row:
      9 x 40 kg
      9 x 35 kg
      10 x 30 kg

EZ Bar Decline Close Grip Skull Crusher:
      10 x 10 kg
      10 x 10 kg
      10 x 7.5 kg

Triceps Pushdown V-Bar:
      9 x 30 kg
      10 x 25 kg
      10 x 25 kg

Dips (Finish him!):

Well that was tuseday's training. If you have any comments about my program or questions about whatever please feel free to reply.

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Hey DaFox,

Great job getting back into it!

Just wondering, about how long are these workouts lasting from start to end?

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Thanks Condor!

They take about 45 min - 1 hour. Depends on if i have any friends i have whit me. Trying to hold about 90 sec between sets and i'm doing all the workouts very slowly to get the most out of it.
      Ex. Dips i'm trying to go 2 sec up and 3 sec down. By doing it that way it also helps me controle my breathing so i don't start to hyperventulate.

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

befor.jpg

here's a "befor" pic. hope it will change alot in the coming future

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

So i cought a bit of fever yesturday so no gym today. But insted i thought i'd add what supplements i'm on atm.

I'm on Creatine (mono) 2 tsp/day
      Calcium pills whit magnesium and D-vitamin.

Been thinking of starting to take protein too, but the problem is that i'm alergic to the milk protein, which whey contains. Is there any other supplement that i shuld concider?

Also, tried to find in the supplement thread if there is any major difference between Kre-Alkalyn and Creatine but diden't find any good answers so if anyone got an answer to that please let me know.

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Many bodybuilders consider diet (which includes protein intake) to be about 80% of the equation when it comes to reaching your goals. I would make sure you're getting adequate protein and calories before looking into other supplements.

When you say allergic to milk, do you mean the lactose that is in milk? Hopefully we can find a way for you to take advantage of the protein powders out there...They're really convienent to people in this sport, especially right after a workout.

A lot of us learn the hard way that most supplements do little if anything...creatine is a very well established supplement though and one of the few that has always gotten positive feedback. From what I remember, the different 'kinds' of creatine were more of a marketing gimmick than good science, but maybe things have changed. Regular creatine monohydrate from a reputable brand always seemed like the sensible choice.

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I'm on a kinda good diet, haven't ever tried to calculate my intakes but it's the everyday normal, i think :p I'm eating 4-5 times per day, (7:00 Breakfast 3 slices of bread and 2 eggs, 11:00 Lunch ((3-4 potatoes/rice/spagetti, some kind of meat and sallad)), 16:30 2-3 slices bread and a banana --> of to the gym, and when i get home i eat one more hot meal and depending on how long i stay up i might eat something small like a banana cuz it's easy )

I'm lactose intolerant. So no milk at all for me (hence the calcium pills)

10. gabarit

gabarit Well-Known Member

I would try to calculate the intakes if you can...In my experience I usually think my diet is great, then I start adding up the numbers and realizing that I'm not getting nearly enough protein. I think you might be VERY low on protein intake, and that is really going to hurt your gains.

Do some searching regarding lactose intolerance on the internet- lots of people seem to have this problem but find solutions. Companies make products/enzymes for people who are lactose intolerant (like "Lactaid").

There are also lactose-free whey protein powders that may be of great help to you as a post/after-workout meal (link below). My apologies if you've already researched these items- I don't know that much about the condition.

Note: I'm just using bodybuilding.com as a reference...buy from whoever is cheapest!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nb...ctisopure.html --> Listed as "Lactose free"

Tags: