• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Would this work for you?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by AnnaU93, Apr 3, 2013.

1. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

First off I know that many people think this is going to be strange but it is something that truly works for most.

I have been reading about a study that talked about that people who get put down during their workout will want to and will lose more weight as a result.
      I even heard that some people even want to hire a coach who will yell things they don't mean at the person such as "you are overweight", "look in the mirror" and things like "move faster I don't have all day". Some people claim that they get determined more by this negative energy because they want to show the "coach" that they are better than what they are being called.

I honestly found this a bit amusing but at the same time I can understand this point of view.

What are your thoughts on this and would you ever want a fake coach like this?

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I would hate it but it would probably work for me. If I was actually intimidated or scared by someone I probably would do whatever they say and get a ridiculously good workout. For example, if Jillian Michaels trained me as she does on the Biggest Loser I would get really fit because I would be afraid and also want to impress her. But this method is a little controversial for sure.

3. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I feel that same way and I of course agree with what you are saying. Jillian is the perfect example and she is probably one of the most intimidating coaches. I think this plan would work for anyone at first but the moment they would go one and relax from the stress I think that they would get back to their old habits because no one is watching.

4. Angelle

Angelle Member

Wow! I believe name calling, and belittling is an effective way for someone to get and keep the motivation to lose weight. I am a prime example of it and didn't realize it. My grandma as well as everyone else would always make fun of me because I had gain ten pounds. I was skinny prior to gaining weight, and i wasn't fat at all; it was the fact that these people weren't used to seeing me like that. I felt like they should have made the adjustments, and move on instead of resorting to ridiculing. But because of that I lost 11 pounds and have been working out ever since. It has been two years now, and I haven't stopped working out so I guess people need a little push sometimes.

5. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

It depends on the person, you can respond to criticism positively or negatively. Some people will feel down and it will drive their bad eating habits, other will respond positively and use it as motivation.

6. abetterme

abetterme Member

I keep thinking about the basketball coach that got fired last week for belittling his athletes! I don't know if it works, it might! But, that said, I don't think I could handle that level of criticism. :eek: