• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Will my low carb day kill my muscle gain

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by masoven4u, May 2, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Will my low carb day kill my muscle gain

I don't see how it's bad to get in some cardio on my non lifting days. Those just happen to also be low carb days. How is that a fail?

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Not any better than a more balanced approach. If you are getting enough calories at the end of the day and your training is sufficient you will grow.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

It's not. It's likely a better approach. The contention was to the needless complication of your diet or he was pushing his beliefs on you. Likely the first.

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

pushing my beliefs? Fasted cardio burning more fat is a myth. And for the average lifter carb cycling is completely unnecessary. Op clearly indicated he believes that combining the two provides fat burning benefits and it does not. Its just overcomplicating things

5. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

He said nothing about fasted cardio and his concern was if doing what he is doing was going to induce atrophy. He didn't clearly state any of that. Reading, it's fundamental.

And while cycling is not needed, it still works and if it's his preference, then your beliefs don't mean anything. He didn't ask about your opinions of the validity of his diet. He asked a question that you failed to answer because you have low readining comprehention skills and wanted to be smarmy.