• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What's with all the 'missus" problems threads?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jailynn24hb, Oct 2, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I don't know if these are as frequent as they appear to be to me since joing the site about 12 days ago, but it sure seems like some guys on here have it tough with their signifanct others...

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but for cyring out loud, how can you let your wife/partner cause you such distress over your hobby? If you 're not spending the rent money or children's tuition fees on it, I can't see how even as much as £300 is cause for debate, provided you are wokring and can afford it.

Most of my mates back home, both single and in relationships spend more than that on booze and junk-food on their nights out during a month, and if you are doing both, I'd think your partners would be wiser to get you to stop splurging on getting sh1tfaced rather than eating and keeping healthy and strong...

Since when do people need to excuse and justify a healthy hobby than in most cases costs less than others?

Has our society become so against health-conscienseness that we actively deter working out and eating healthy?

I'm not placing sole responisibility on the guys who 'let' themsleves get talked down to, or their wives who do it, but on ALL of us collectively for not being more vigilant about advocating better sense in people around us.

Both of my sisters' boyfriends work-out and if they were ever to give them grief about spending X amount on gear, protein, suplements etc, I'd definetely speak my mid and point out how they don't find it a waste to buy £50-100 pairs of shoes or bags every 2-3 weeks because "it was on sale"...

Come on people, we need to do our part to overturn this ridiculous state of affairs.

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

What's with all the 'missus" problems threads?

Last edited by Athenian; Today at 12:02 PM.

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Bet if we heard the wives side of the story it would paint a different picture in a lot of cases!

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

"Has our society become so against health-conscienseness that we actively deter working out and eating healthy?"

Err, the government adding 20% VAT to whey on the 1st October says it all really doesn't it haha

5. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Well maybe the training isn't the issue and the guys who start the threads you mention are just Pricks to their woman, don't pay them enough attention etc etc and that manifests itself into her complaining about said prick trainin amongst other things

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

my missus is awesome. maybe some people need to grow a pair, if you cannot discuss things with your partner then fk em off imo.

7. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

But what 'side' can that really be? The whole objection stems from the perecption that those who dedicate time, energy and money on attaining a muscular and sculpted body are vein, insecure and even wasteful... How can this notion possible exist in a society in which wanton materialism is the norm? How can one deem a car, purse, shoes, fur coat, leather jacket, gold watch etc to be a normal and rational expenditure when in pursuit of social acceptance and elevation of status but deem the physical betterment of one's self to be shallow and ill-advised?

People don't live in a vacuum (unless their insane), they form their opinions based, solely or in part, based on what society as a whole deems a behaviour to be. Our society has stated that our hobby and pursuit is veina nd wasteful and others follow suit. Even if we didn't care about others in the future having to deal with these labels, we shoudl at least care about ourselves having to put up with this crap.

8. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Last edited by Athenian; Today at 12:22 PM.

9. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

I doubt the HMRC gives two craps about social and health issues. They don't raise the VAT on fags and booze out of concern for the consumer. They just saw a new way to make money and ran with it.

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

If they get troublesome, bin them and get a new one. What's the big deal??