• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What is wrong with my friend?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Canellesao, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Ok, so a little backstory, I've lifted seriously for about 3 months now and I have seen some great results. A lot of people at school are constantly asking me for advice and what to eat etc. But my best friend is pretty weak but he is really athletic. Plays hockey and baseball and is competitive at everything he does. So he wanted me to help him lift and get stronger. Today we went to the gym and benched. After we get done benching, he says "I thought we were doing chest today not biceps". I was like wtf are you talking about? We proceed to do incline bench. He felt it in his biceps again. I had no idea what was going on and his biceps were killing him. We did dips. Felt it in his biceps again. I did not know what to tell him besides squeezing his chest while doing the excersizes. Also he was only bencing 115, and inclining 75 (srs) Anyone know what the phuck is up?

Cliffs:
      -Helping my friend lift
      -Feels his biceps burn during chest workouts
      -Don't know what the phuck to say
      -Any help?

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

What is wrong with my friend?

My chest workout went the same yesterday, felt it on my biceps like never before for some reason...

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Wot. I can kind of see how u might feel your biceps in incline and flat bench but dips ??

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

when i first started i almost always felt it in my bicep.. didn't matter what i did.. my biceps hurt.. it should just go away later when body parts become stronger.

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

He didn't feel it anywhere but his biceps

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Its his grip. If you have a close grip you put a lot more stress through your arms. Mainly through your triceps but the biceps can be affected as well. His biceps are probably stronger then his other muscles so he is using those to stabilize and the heavy weight is killing them.

Basically make him widen his grip, he will lift less but it should hit his chest more.

7. gynybark

gynybark Guest

I hope you were watching him bench lol maybe he meant bicep femoris in the legs (not srs) if you feel it in either then its beyond me

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I actually was thinking the same thing, so I made him widen. His ring fingers were on the rings.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

bicep=pulling and chest=pushing...
      you should either check his form or if it's his first couple of weeks the rest of his body may not be as strong as his biceps..

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Ya that is probably it because he has always wanted to look good so he probably just did curls all day at home

Tags: