• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What is the most effective way to lose weight?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Zest, Nov 9, 2012.

1. kubica

kubica Member

I am not a fan of starving. I realize you did not say that she should, just clarifying. I lost a lot of weight by watching what I eat (and hitting the jym regularly of course), but I was never hungry. And I lost the weight pretty quickly, like about 15 pounds in two months.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

You need to minimise the role of will power because denying yourself the food you want will raise cortisol and cortisol will make you want to eat more, it's a vicious cycle and not effective over the long term.

3. Sizzling

Sizzling Member

I don't think your sister should worry too much about her weight with a broken leg, she could make her injuries worse by trying to exercise while its recovering. When she heals, she will most likely go back to doing sports, so she should be losing weight again when she does.

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I agree. Calorie counters are a train wreck. The reality is that a calorie does not equal a calorie, different calories have different metabolic consequences. The easiest way is to cut carbohydrates, eat fat and moderate protein from natural sources.

5. Angelle

Angelle Member

For me, the most effective way to lose weight is participating in Zumba class. I don't actually go to a Zumba class; I just watch the videos on You tube, and do it from home. If I do it for an hour an a half, and watch what I eat then I will lose a pound a day. It is really great for someone who wants to lose weight fast, and easy. Zumba is very tiring so be prepared to break a sweat!