• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What is the most effective way to lose weight?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Zest, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

This time I would like to know what is the best way to lose some weight? My sister gained some weight last month because she'd broken her leg and couldn't do any sports activities.

2. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

• Like Like x 2
    3. Zest

Zest Active Member

Thank you for sharing this link. Those exercises look ok, I'll show them to my sister when she'll feel better.

4. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

The most effective means to losing fat is to restrict carbohydrate consumption. Carbohydrates make you fat, the reason we have such a huge problem with obesity in modern society is carbohydrates. The average person eats over 200g of carbs per day, that is very bad for health and weight control.

5. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

You and your sister are very welcome, I hope she feels better very soon. :)

6. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

The easiest way would be to watch everything - everything - she eats. Eat at a calorific defecit and keep at it. It may not yield quick results but it will ensure she doesnt gain weight and, if the diet is maintained, gives her a fantastic platform to build on when she starts physiotherapy.

7. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I think the quality and type of food you are eating is more important than counting calories. Cut out carbohydrates and you will probably create a calorie deficit naturally. For example 70g of protein and 70g of fat is under 1000 calories.

8. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

Tell her to watch what she eat and eat small amounts of junk food if she don't want to gain weight. She could could lose a lot just by doing those things alone.

9. allswl

allswl New Member

first off you should get the OK from your doctor. Once that's done start out doing light exercises such as push-ups, arm raises, leg raises, without weights. Then as you become stronger increase the amount of exercise you do. you should also pay careful attention to your diet and ensure it supports weight loss.

10. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

If she still cannot be very active she really needs to be watching her diet and calorie consumption. She should be eating very clean foods and drinking lots of water & green tea if she likes it. I don't know her physical restrictions, but she could still use free weights for some upper body work at the very least.