• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What do you think about people being VERY proud of their obesity?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by alomjabpd, May 16, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

What do you think about people being VERY proud of their obesity?

No...MY sister. My sister lives far away but they are still good friends and visit sometimes. But the friend, she has a fat family. Surrounds herself with fat friends and made a campaign for fat beauty and the nudity lol

2. swawth

swawth Well-Known Member

If my tax dollars didn't have to subsidize their future health care, I'd simply say "more power to ya fatty".

Since my tax dollars will end up paying for their bloated health care costs ...

/sadpandaface

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

No, I think people with this mindset are trying to convince themselves and only hear what they want to hear. This is largely a problem due to society shifting its moral compass away from what is right or wrong to what is right for each individual.

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Completely happy no but easier to pretend than to actually put forth effort. Some people are more comfortable in their own skin than others and it sounds likely that she has basically come to accept being overweight and tries to justify it as normal.

5. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

As someone who was 300lbs I can tell you personally, I felt happy and didn't care I was obese at the time.....I didn't go preaching being fat, but I wasn't unhappy in any way. I was actually very happy, I actually sometimes miss the thought process I had back then....not really giving a damn about what I ate, or having to think twice....it's honestly a huge form of complacency. It wasn't until I was faced with the thought of my parents burying me that I decided to get in shape, and be fit.....otherwise I would still be fat.

It may sound very strange.....but I was happy, and having been obese....I can confidently say there are people who are fully content with their obesity. For me, something snapped and it felt very irresponsible to not acknowledge the way I was living. It has been two years since my initial weight loss journey, and I found my way to BB.com....and I can say now, having gotten as far as I have, I am much happier than I was two years ago....but it is a different kind of happiness; if you can try to understand. The happiness I feel now does not discredit the happiness I felt then...it was just a different form of happiness.

I think if these obese people transform themselves they will see a new form of happiness as I did. The way I view happiness is the state of mind I was currently in at the time, and honestly that state of mind is no different from back then to now, it's just my environment is different.

I hope I provided some perspective from my personal view.

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I love when fat chicks post that picture of Marilyn Monroe, all 120 shapely pounds of her, on facebook and then say something like "it's okay to be fat!"

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I could imagine being happy not caring what I eat and eating whatever I want. I did that back then too lol but I hated the way I feel. After tons of wings and beers I had such a bloated belly for 4 days looking pregnant. It just came to me, "I hate feeling this way!" Honestly, I feel better working out and eating healthier. I feel better about myself. But that doesn't mean I'm going to never eat my favorite "bad" food again. I think moderation is key.

So you're saying there are those that are happy with being fat. But do you think they honestly see it as beautiful? I know some guys have that fetish but I'm talking about women who constantly preach it. I'm not sure if they really believe it or if they're trying to convince themselves it. I don't think it's a battle they can win to convince a big group that fat is gorgeous and sexy...definitely not possible. Seems like America...the fat is becoming normal and average.

8. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I believe they're content with being fat mostly because they're too lazy to take responsibility and do the work necessary to get in better health. Their subconscious has them believing that all bodies are different, which is true to a certain extent, and they have to accept that, which is absolutely false! If the genie ever came out of the bottle though, and your sister's friend had a choice, and if no one else was listening, she'd walk out of the room looking like a supermodel as opposed to an obese young lady and never look back until her gluttony got her into the same predicament. The sad truth is eventually your sister's friend will get older... and at 19, 24, 35, even 40... being fat may not be a really difficult thing for her right now. But the older she gets the more serious health problems she'll have. It's not about what's beautiful, beauty is in fact in the eye of the beholder, it's about what's healthy stupid fat ass!

9. casse

casse Well-Known Member

This couple came into the Cigar lounge where I work a few weeks ago and this lady starting talking about how great vegetarianism (I won't touch that subject) was and how at age 37 she had open heart surgery... she was eating two containers of french fries and onion rings and about my weight. Sometimes people are crazy.