• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What brand of chicken do you buy?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, May 20, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I'm trying out different brands of frozen chicken. Lately I've just been buying a Great Value Family Size (5 lb) of boneless skinless chicken breasts. However, it still has a little bit too much fat than what I prefer.

I bought Tenderbirds from walmart a month ago and it had almost no fat, but I can't find it anymore... what type of chicken is the "best"? I live around a Walmart, heb, kroger, and a few other places...

2. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

What brand of chicken do you buy?

Costco brought 10lb bags of Foster Farms frozen Chicken Breast ( no rib meat mix ) for 2 months and took it away It was 10lbs for 21.99. Now I'm back to the Tyson 10lb frozen chicken breast (chicken breast + rib meat) bags for 19.99. Foster Farm was so much better If you can find those 10lb bags in your area it's def. the best tasting frozen chicken breast I've tried and I have had 5-6 diff brands.

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Perdue boneless/skinless chicken breast

4. jailynn24hb

Foster Farms from costco.

5. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Fuuuuuuaark I miss my 10lb bags for $19.99.. Now they have Kirkland brand 6.5lbs for $16.99. Don't know why they stopped selling it, but I am considering asking them about it. Makes no sense. For now I buy the 6.5lb bags for 16.99. Comes out to 2.60 a lb.. Which isn't bad, but isn't good either. I try to check on my local HEB and Kroger because sometimes HEB will have 1.99 lb and then I stock up.. Last weekend they had 1.99/lb and I only bought 9lbs worth.. Should have gotten way more.

6. jailynn24hb

Does frozen chicken breast still taste ok? the one time I bought them they were so bland and rubbery...how do you guys cook them? I can find fresh boneless skinless breasts for 1.99/lb so I usually just get them. Only con of them is they don't store as long obviously

7. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice definately gonna check into Foster Farms and perdue. Anything beats this crappy (but cheap) walmart brand frozen chicken.

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Nice man..10lb bags? They just dropped them both @ my CA and Las Vegas Costcos which sucks.

Go to the managers booth behind the cashiers where you pay for your products and ask them about the 10lb bags ( all you need is the name and description) and they can pull up the product and tell you which stores in the surrounding area carry that product and If they don't it will state that in the PC like it did for me with the 10lb Foster Farms chicken breast.

Key is not to overcook them but it's odd If I reheat them 6-7 hours later they just taste like crap but If you have them soon as they're made it's fantastic. 7 mins on each side on medium high and I use McMormick Taco seasoning on both sides (Costco sells a big tub for 5 bucks)...comes out perfect and the taco seasoning is awsome on chicken breast.

9. jailynn24hb

Last edited by GymRat128; Today at 08:28 PM.

10. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Not to mention that with those bags of IQF chicken breasts, you are paying for up to 15% of the weight for...salt water/broth. Look for fresh without added solution.

Tags: