• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Trying a vegan (or more vegetarian at least) diet

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Canellesao, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I've been lifting for a while, but due to repeated injuries involving dumb form on squat and deadlift (which I have finally fixed after so many wasted months >:|) I'm still barely past what you would call a fresh trainee. It's been a constant nagging at the back of my head since I met my vegan roommate my freshman year and he really underscored the animal cruelty that I was already aware of. For as long as it's been in the back of my head, I've had another voice telling me there's no way I can afford it, but feel like giving it a try.

As a point of reference, I'm 6'4", 217 lbs. I eat a diet of 3000 cal a day, 170g of protein, 100g of fat, and the balance carbs. My bodyfat is somewhere around 15-20%. To meet my calories, I eat around a pound of chicken and at least a quart of milk daily, plus 3 eggs for breakfast, I don't presently have to supplement with protein powders (but am not totally opposed to the concept). My grocery bill monthly for just food is probably close to $150, and I would like to keep it at or below that level if I can help it.

Basically, I need an idea where to start. I know some very basic information about plant based proteins and the types of supplements I need, but am really looking for somebody who is familiar with this type of transition that I can get some direction from.

Thanks,

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Trying a vegan (or more vegetarian at least) diet

Every time someone east a vegan meal I punch a cow in the face

3. casse

casse Well-Known Member

About to leave for college, and about to be pissed as **** if my room mate is a vegan ir vegetarian like yours was.

I couldn't take some ass talking about animal cruelty every time I eat some cow or chicken.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

The cruellest thing you could do to an animal is not eat them after they have been slaughtered. Cos then they died in vain.

5. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Eh, it wasn't really that he nagged. We debated the whole morality of meat thing a few times, I just simplified it for ease of reading. He's fairly level headed except for his dishes. Really got under his skin if you let non-vegan food mess get on his plates/pots/pans.

6. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Stop being a phag and eat heaps of dead animal flesh.

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Don't have anything to contribute to the thread, don't post. How hard of a concept is that to grasp?

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

We could apply that philosophy to the nutrition forum in general but it would wipe about 98% of it out.

9. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. Every time some vegetarian or vegan eats/drinks yogurt or milk after bitching me out, I like to point out that it's probably animal cruelty to befondle the **** out of a cows tits to get that milk for dairy products every day while keeping them in a pen almost all day.

Usually a mind blowing moment For them that goes something like "that's..... Stupid?... Uhhhh" as they realize how moronic their lifestyle is.

10. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

God, I would have to assert my dick size on that mofo if he got all dumb about that. Everyone on this board WILL back me up that eating lots of animal meats automatically means you don't have a vegan tofu tuna can chode.