• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Training tips

Discussion in 'Training' started by Zest, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

Post here your workout advise and tips. My advise would be: remember to enjoy your workout.

2. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

I always try and stop eating about two/three hours before working out. I'll take on energy drinks and water but nothing than can upset the stomach, especially if I'm doing abs that day.

I've found working out shortly after eating can lead to heartburn etc and, at best, you abandoning your workout to recover.

Now you'd think this is obvious but I know people who eat a protein-rich meal (chicken breast and salad, for example) just before a workout. I can see the logic but I don't think you get your best, most unrestricted efforts.

3. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Enjoying your workout is very important because you will stick to exercise you enjoy. It will be hard to maintain enthusiasm for exercise you don't enjoy.

My advise for weight training would be to keep it simple and stick to the basic compound movements.

4. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

Enjoying your workout is very important but I think safely is the most important factor when exercising. So I would say "Don't over work yourself". I say that because it is very easy to hurt yourself workout. I did it a number of times, remember always stretch before any workout.

5. chea

chea Member

The best training tip I can give is to lift to failure. (That's for muscle gains.)

6. musclemad

I disagree, it's not very easy to injure yourself if you take the proper precautions. Injuries should not happen often if you warm up thoroughly, eat the right food, practice good form and sleep well etc.

I have been training for 5-years and I could count the number of times I've been injured on one hand.

Bodybuilding is much less prone to injury compared to contact sports like football and rugby.

7. musclemad

Not the best advice. Lifting to failure is a fail, literally. It is a technique you should not use with every set or even in every session because you will break yourself down too much and it will quickly lead to overtraining. Training to failure once every 2-3 weeks is a better idea.

8. audiophox

audiophox Member

Quality over quantity, you better do a perfect move with lighter weights than a half move with heavier weights.

9. musclemad

Agree with this. You see people in the gym training with weight far too heavy for their strength level. They do partial reps and they are not in control of the weight. Lowering the weight and controlling it through a fuller range of motion is better for muscle-building and injury prevention.

10. BrittanyX3

BrittanyX3 Member

My stomach gets so sick when I work on abs! I haven't done them in so long because of it. I have a hernia so that contributes to it lol. I should try it first thing in the morning so there's absolutely nothing in there besides acid. Which will still be a problem but oh well lol. :p Abs after food is defininlty a bad idea.