• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Tightening skin after the weight lose

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Zest, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Zest

Zest Active Member

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

My friend has a loose skin problem. He was previously obese and he lost a lot of weight while traveling in Asia. He is now slim but he has loose skin around his stomach and hips. I don't think there is much you can do about it except for lose more fat and build more muscle to tighten the skin.

3. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

There is surgery available, I'm not sure how much it would cost though.

4. allswl

allswl New Member

i think that is why most experts in the weight loss field suggest that you lift heavy weights when doing weight loss programs. apart from that depending on how bad the excess skin is you may have to do surgery to get rid of it.

5. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

It also have cream you could use to help you tighten your skin. My girlfriend used some cream from murag.com to tighten her skin and it worked really good. I think you should read some reviews and give it and try.

6. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

"As you lose fat and your loose skin begins to appear, the first rule is: don’t panic! Because it is a living organ, your skin will slowly return to a shape that fits your new body. But since that process can take up to two years, here are steps you can take to make your skin tighten more quickly"

This all depends on your situation. Being morbidly obese for years and years your skin will not tighten no matter how long you leave it. Sorry to say but thats the truth.

When I started to work out I was 265 lbs. I lost the weight and got down to 195lbs had abs but still had lose skin. Its not to the point like my stomach hangs like lots of people but I notice it. the insides of my arms too I can pull a good 2" out without it hurting what so ever. (doesnt appear lose)

All depends on your situation. I agree with what the article says. moisturizing really does work. and staying hydrated for sure.

7. virgogirl1913

virgogirl1913 New Member

I've always been told that there is nothing short of surgery that can be done to rid the body of excess skin unfortunately. People who were super morbidly obese usually have to have surgery to remove the excess skin because no pill or amount of exercise can get rid of it.

8. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I think the list is pretty accurate. I don't have an issue with loose skin necessarily, but I do like to use body lotions with vitamin C, A & E and other skin-tightening properties. I also find my skin just looks much healthier when I've been consuming lots of water & green tea. I do notice the appearance of my skin is much better when I'm doing both. Of course, my diet and strength training are still the most effective methods.