• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • The salad thread

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by fourmatic, Apr 5, 2013.

1. bsge11

bsge11 Member

I use blue cheese dressing mostly. I also occasionally use citrus dressing sometimes. Basically taking lemon juice and mixing it with olive oil.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Blue cheese dressing made with blue cheese, lemon juice and olive oil is NOT unhealthy, contrary to the conventional wisdom. Natural and saturated fat is very good for you and it is essential, unlike carbohydrates. Humans evolved on fat and protein, there were not many carbs in the wild.

3. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

Greek salad. But not the Greek Salad you get at restaurants and caffees, authentic Greek salad.
      Ingredients are:
      Tomatoes
      Cucumber
      Green pepper
      Pickled green chilly peppers
      White brine cheese
      Lemons
      Oregano

Chop the tomatoes and cucumber in medium sized pieces, mix with finely chopped green pepper, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and mix. Then liberally place cubes of white cheese and whole chilly peppers around and season with oregano. It's usually served with bread sprinkled in olive oil, drizzled with oregano and fried for half a minute in a pan. I skip the last part, though.

4. abetterme

abetterme Member

Here's a salad that I like to make. Romaine lettuce, crispy fried bacon bits, cheddar cheese, lots of finely cut broccoli florets, julienne cut yellow squash, and green onions. Toss well and serve with any dressing you like. My friends always add ranch or bleu cheese dressing, but I like it without dressing because it's very substantial as it is!

5. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Sounds good but I hope you make your own dressing because the ingredients in store bought dressing are nasty, especially the types of dressings you mentioned. They are easy to make and it's probably cheaper as well.