• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • The salad thread

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by fourmatic, Apr 5, 2013.

1. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

If you had to make one salad to eat every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I'm getting sick of salads so I'm hoping the ideas in this thread will help people try eat different things.

I'm picky so my salads have spring mix and spinach 50/50 mix. I put in a grilled chicken breast or two. Cut up some cold raw broccoli and add a few sunflower seeds and soy nuts for a crunch.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Mine would probably be a Paleo Caesar-style salad with a dressing made with cream or creme fraiche or Greek yoghurt, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, anchovies, garlic, herbs etc, roasted chicken, maybe soft soft boiled eggs and crispy bacon. Plenty of protein.

3. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I would probably create one of my favorite salads which include baby spinach leaves with mandarin and apple, shrimp and corn, and I would add some Caesar crackers to the mix. I would also use a very light ranch or some kind of olive oil.

4. abetterme

abetterme Member

I know people will think this is odd, but the last time I tried low carbing it, I discovered this odd mixture actually tastes great:

Lettuce, warm, browned, crumbled and breakfast sausage (I prefer spicy or hot flavored sausage) and shredded cheese of your choice with some green onion slices. I never thought I would like warm lettuce, but the sausage melts the cheese when you toss the salad making a nice yummy mixture!

5. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

This actually isn't that odd.
      I have tried to make my salad more "breakfast" ready and I had some warm spinach leaves with melted parmasean cheese.
      I also added warm sausage to it as well and as you have mentioned the taste was truly mouth watering.

6. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Meat, cheese and eggs goes well in salads but I've never tried cooked sausage. Crispy bacon is another tasty salad ingredient.

The sausage and cheese combination sounds very good, I'll have to try it sometime.

7. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I just mix whatever raw vegetables I have with spinach or romaine. I especially love using cherry tomatoes in my salads. But regardless of the vegetables, I put a tbsp or two of whatever hummus I have and some Mary's organic crackers. I add some pickled hot peppers usually too! If I have a meat protein I won't include the hummus. I really like blue menu turkey burgers from Presidents Choice. Sometimes I will just cut up one of those and add it to my salad, instead of having it as a burger.

8. Pinky

Pinky New Member

My salad of choice would be lettuce, cucumbers, lots of fresh garden tomatoes, carrots, black and green olives. Maybe some cubed chicken or ham. Then shredded cheese and sunflower seeds on top. No dressing. I don't know how healthy this salad is, but if I have to eat it at every meal I want it to be a good one.

9. bsge11

bsge11 Member

I would add meat like grilled chicken. It's probably the only way I can eat a salad and stay healthy is adding stuff to it other than green. Also some tasty salad dressing. Sounds a little unhealthy but that's the only way I eat a salad.

10. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

This is actually a question I had every time I would eat a salad. I feel like I always make one ofmthenmost healthiest and nutritious salads and then I top it off with dressing and I feel like the healthy part just went down the drain.
      Other than using olive oil as a dressing what are some other brands and ranches/sauces that you would recommend?