• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • The right to die. Your opinions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by casse, Aug 16, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

The right to die. Your opinions

I feel very sorry for this guy, I had heard of locked in syndrome before and it's devastating. All in all I do think the courts decision was the right one. It is a subject that is up for massive debate but If in time Tony still feels the same way then travelling to the Netherlands is always an option as euthanasia has been legal there since 2002. Tony has been suffering with locked in syndrome for 6 months so not as long as some patients that for example, have had it for up to 5 years and then started to improve functionality. If there is a chance that Tony can improve at some point in the future then its a chance worth taking. The other question is, as he is probably still in shock from his illness would he be of a stable mind to make the best decision? 6 months has probably felt like a lifetime to him but in reality isn't very long. Tough decision and hope its one I never have to make.

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

fully agree with you mate i actually just had a convo with my missus the other day.I told her that if i ever went blind and deaf from an accident or something(which is my greatest fear) would she bring me to Switzerland and to have me put down and she agreed that if thats what i really wanted that she had no right to deny me and if she wouldnt i would prob starve myself or something anyway.Who could go on living with no sight or hearing?

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Just off the top of my head... Couldn't it be made legal, but each case judged by a panel of independent unbiased doctors and shrinks to ensure no malpractice. his dignity has shrivelled... At least let him die like the man he appears to be from the photos before the stroke

Just makes me feel grateful for what i have

And a bit embarrassed that i/we give a sh1t about slightly increasing he size of our muscles when some people have real problems

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

In agreement too, it's his life if he doesn't want to live it nobody but him should have that choice. I might jump off the bridge in crossing now, no court could tell me otherwise.

He will find a way, if he's that desperate

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I think its not only about him dying... He wants to make a difference for other people in similar positions

Tags: