• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Tall guy & Short guy squat / deadlift debate

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Canellesao, Sep 12, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Tall guy & Short guy squat / deadlift debate

well surely a taller person is going to be able to lift more over the long term, as he will be able to put on more weight than the smaller guy.

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Most of my friends have longer bigger arms, legs than myself, giving them bigger muscles, some a lot bigger. But yet I match or out lift them.

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

well longer limbs means more distance required pushing or pulling the weight.. that means the stress on the muscle will be longer to cover the same distance so yeah if you have to lift something for longer to reach a full rep obviously its going to make your muscles be under even more stress... than that of a guy lifting the same weight over a shorter distance....it doesnt mean the shorter guy is stronger but he wont have to stress is muscles as much as the taller guy which will allow him to do more reps or more weight... not only that the further the weight is from the body the harder the weight feels and causes stress within the muscle. my opinion