• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • some opinions please

Discussion in 'Training' started by jailynn24hb, Apr 26, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I started my cutting season a few weeks back and I've really been concentrating on keeping correct form with my lifts. I've noticed that on some of the lifts, I cheat a little bit by using body momentum to help lift the weight. My question is: should I reduce the weight and concentrate on my form, or keep going with this little bit of cheating? I only ask this because I was told you are supposed to remain lifting hevay during cutting season to preserve as much muscle as possible. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

some opinions please

I advocate form at all times. I am sure there are people on here that will be a proponent of cheating. I'll say that you shouldn't be cheating the entire set or what is the point? if you have to cheat for the last 1-2 reps cool. Otherwise, i'd drop the weight you can still lift heavy with good form.

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

some opinions please

Imo a little cheating isn't bad as long as it towards the end of a set just to get the last 2 maybe 3 reps. Now if you are reverse hang cleaning instead of curling the bar up for curls definitely drop the weight.

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

some opinions please

For bicep exercises I start cheating about 6 out of 10 reps in. Drop the weight?

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

some opinions please

Totally, I feel bicep exercises are one of the worst to cheat on. Especially for 4 reps and if its supposed to be an iso exercise.

6. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

some opinions please

^Exactly! Especially since you start cheating on rep 6.

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

some opinions please

I feel like I should drop the weights as well. Do you guys think this will result in any loss of muscle since its cutting season?

8. carmenkyle

carmenkyle Well-Known Member

some opinions please

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Look how Arnold used to cheat curl:

[​IMG]

9. casse

casse Well-Known Member

some opinions please

Just because you drop the weight does not mean the intensity of the work out is necessarily dropping you can do things like increase the negative time, hold the contraction at the top and make sure you are doing full rom. Also, cutting down rest periods. I'm sure its all personal preference I just prefer not to do what is pictured above. Are my results better? I'd like to say so, but who knows.

I will say this though if you do what arnold did all the variables are not constant(aside from the obvious genetics) because he altered his biochemistry with chemicals. But, I'm not mr olympia or even close to being super strong.

I guess the best idea is to evaluate your results afterwards for each method. The ole flow chart of logical progression and self check.

10. tausch

tausch Well-Known Member

some opinions please

Last edited by renferos; Today at 10:57 AM.

Tags: