• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • so I can legit eat hundreds of fat grams/ day as long as cals stay the same?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Sep 26, 2012.

1. zimisile

zimisile Well-Known Member

so I can legit eat hundreds of fat grams/ day as long as cals stay the same?

Nope, as long as you hit your protein goals for muscle status, then you could get the rest of ur calories from mayo if you wanted. As stated above this is just from a weight standpoint, so internally you could be doing damage, but from a weight standpoint, it comes back to calories in < out.

To the cutting question, yes, eat 1800 calories of mayo, and you will lose weight, but as said before, if there is little to no protein, then ull be losing muscle AND fat, but losing weight none the less, ala christian bale. Not that he was on a mayo diet, but its a good example of what happens when ur not meeting protein macros. I still vote that you try it and let us know the results

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

then what is clean/dirty bulking? Just going over on calories? Always thought it was in reference to the amount of fat

3. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Last edited by asdf89; Today at 09:44 AM.

4. Bernatek

Bernatek Well-Known Member

Clean/dirty bulking is something people say to make themselves feel better. Clean meaning they eat a chicken breast salad for lunch and chicken breast for dinner, and they feel good. The first 20 pounds I lost I had a double quarter pounder every day for dinner. Some would say this was "dirty" but it was only 750 calories and i still hit my macros with no problem. Some would frown upon it, but those are the people who haven't researched IIFYM.

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

No, in terms of bulking:

(C)lean=modest surplus to limit fat gain.
      Dirty=not giving a single fuk about gaining a lot of fat.

6. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

If the caloric surplus - you are talking a 900 calorie difference from 150g F and 50g F , so other macros would need adjusting - (and training, and you're getting enough protein like u say, and everything else) is the same in both scenarios, the difference in body comp would be immeasurable.