• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Share your secrets

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by baletki, Oct 10, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Just thought I would start something where people chip in on their personal experiences, what works best for them, any tips and pointers that they could throw to the BB community. These tips can help everyone in the long run and can help people trying to lose fat/gain muscle. So lets go. I will start with a few of my own:-

1. Eating almonds on a cut helps keep me sane....if I dont have almonds, by midday I feel like anihilating multiple packets of maltesers...I need my almonds to control blood sugar

2. Compound movements in the gym over isolations all day. Pull ups, squats, shoulder presses, benches etc...I would rather do these and tire quicker (can sometimes tire after 3 x 8 sets of pull ups) than sit on an incline bench doing hammer curls.

3. BCAA helps tremendously, seriously. Everyone should have this.

Your turn.

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Share your secrets

No secrets really...just hard work and dedication and will power. Will power will be the biggest factor...b/c if you can't convince yourself to put down the pizza or cake, you're not going to finish cutting any time soon.

BCAAs help tremendously for WHAT exactly? They're unnecessary for retaining muscle. I used them one time when i did my first cut...totally a waste of money for me.

Focus on compounds when cutting, like you mentioned, but throwing in a couple direct exercises and isolations will ensure that you're covering all bases.

Sweet n low for coffee, diet soda for drinks, and 90 cal special K bars for tiding in between my two meals of the day.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Share your secrets

I'm not sure what I'd do without diet soda / splenda for lemonade and sweet tea.

I guess I'd drink water.. yeah that's it.

Also having a protein powder is really convenient if you don't hit your protein macro easily.

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Share your secrets

i find protein powder useless when cutting, only b/c i find it so easy to hit protein amounts...i have no trouble getting 120-140g of protein from real food. but i also typically eat a pound of chicken most days of the week. when bulking, i find it a bit harder b/c i try to get 160g or more, THEN i start supp'ing the powder more.

5. jailynn24hb

Share your secrets

I eat 9-13oz of chicken every day. When you cut on 1400 because your maintenance is 2100 ish that means I have to eat like 550 calories of protein. I can do this easily if I have chicken twice a day but I hate doing that.

And I live with my parents so I only eat one meat meal a day to keep everyone at bay. My protein can come from cheese and milk but on 1400 calories that fills it up quick, so you can see why protein powder is nice to have.

6. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Share your secrets

i get what you're saying...other than the part where you say your maintenanace is 2100 cals. there's no flipping way. you're 19, almost 6' tall and 163 lbs...you should be cutting on no less than 2000 a day. have you actually TRIED cutting on higher cals for more than just a week or two?

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Share your secrets

No, but I've done it for a week or two and got exactly what I expected, slower weight loss.

Yes flipping way.

You'd also be arguing with this.
      [​IMG]

8. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Share your secrets

I love BCAA's, they helped me alot in my first cut, I felt I had more strength when using them and my old job had horrible working hours, I used to find necking 25g of BCAA's while on my shift could see me through until I got some proper food. I seemed to be able to lift more in the gym when I was using those.

90K special K bars? thats a new one, I always thought alpen bars, go ahead bars etc were sugary? if not, my work gives them away for free (part of healthy eating promotion) might have to snap them up

9. jailynn24hb

Share your secrets

i'll happily argue with that lol...and you only tried for a couple weeks...that's not enough time to get an accurate idea. i'd evaluate over a period of a month tbh. but hey, if you wanna stick with it for now no biggie, but i believe when you get leaner you'll have to up your cals. 1400 a day is NOTHING man...not for someone your size, or even MY size for that matter.

10. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Share your secrets

I think he is just dealing with a temporary lowered maintenance from being in an extended deficit for what moore...right over half a year?
      Id assume he also has a very low lbm from being sedentary his whole life as a child, but dont know his personal life.

Tags: