• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • searched the forum and cant find the answer im looking for.....

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by suighja, Feb 28, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

searched the forum and cant find the answer im looking for.....

Putting on muscle is bulking. And to do that, you need to lift heavy, eat, and rest.

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

You mean they first gained muscle mass(bulking) then leaned out on a cut.....which is what everyone is trying to explain to you.

3. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

you've got quite a lot of time before having to worry about this one.

I agree with what everyone else said. If you want to look like the guys you mentioned, you're going to have to lift heavy and eat. The guys in the p90x videos didn't get that look by doing bodyweight exercises, I guarantee you that. They might seem to be saying that, but its a sham. p90x is cardio designed to be sold the overweight hoards of americans who don't understand a caloric deficit. Don't get caught up in something that doesn't suit your goals.

If your concern is appearances, one caveat I might add is that weight isn't always the best stat to track. Focus on the mirror, because that's really what you're doing it for, right? But anyway, lift heavy with a beginners routine of your choice, and eat at a caloric surplus.

4. yesun

yesun Well-Known Member

then please tell me , how do people with before pictures of them overweight look like jelly, say 220 lbs, after picture 180 odd lbs ripped to shreds ?