• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Say no to snack foods?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Zonezan, Nov 11, 2012.

1. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

It is going to be hard, especially if you have been doing it for a long time, the only bit of advice that I can give (which I am following myself) is to slowly reduce it, even if you have one less cookie it is a start. :)

2. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

If you want to stay fit and full of life then I said cut snacks out completely. Too many snack could make you really fat too. I cut them out my diet and lost tons of weight. You don't need cookies and ice-cream nomore.

3. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

You can eat healthy snacks. Our ancestors would have ate 'snacks' when they were foraging for food, but they would have also endured spells without food. It's a whole different scenario when you are snacking on biscuits and ice cream, though.

4. kubica

kubica Member

Same here. I don't eat a lot of junk food, but I drink soda :/

I have found that I can drink tea instead, and it satisfies me, so I am working on that as well.

5. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I think it is okay to consume this but you definitely have to eat it all in moderation and watch your portion size.
      A whole bag of chips can be 200 calories and this could be a meal while in your mind this is a snack. I would recommend to combine your snacks with some healthy foods. I would start out by getting a plate and filling it with a few cookies and then add some cut apples and grapes. This is how your snacks should like like from now on.

6. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Soda is junk food, you're simply drinking the sugar instead of eating it.

I'm sure you know how bad soda is for you so you don't need me to tell you. How often do you drink soda?

7. fancy

fancy New Member

I can totally relate to what you are going through. I know that snack foods are not good for my health but I simply cannot stop taking them. It is very easy to say that you are going to stop than actually not taking snacks. I find promising myself that I am going to stop the next week, come the next week am already back to these foods within two days. I wish there could be tastier and healthy options available, at least that way I would have a better option. What I have tried to do and it has been working so far is to reduce on the in take of snacks slowly until your body gets used to not so much snacks. You can try out that may be it can work. Eliminating totally may be very hard and more problematic because the day you will have a great craving, trust me you will eat much more than you would have ordinarily ate in one sitting.