• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Rep Ranges?

Discussion in 'Training' started by emulsions78, Aug 2, 2012.

1. emulsions78

emulsions78 Well-Known Member

I made a thread earlier, but there was like one response so I decided to change my question..

If I'm doing 10 reps.. And about 15+ sets for a muscle (depending). Do I still go to failure?

And will doing 10-12 reps increase my size? Will it still reasonably increase strength?

If I chest press 45 x 10 will I be able to do 50 x 10 within a week or will it only increase size?

Also, if I'm doing 10-12 reps what's the difference between 10-12 and my old rep range, 6-8? Was I only increasing in strength and no size before?

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

The faurk?

3. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

10 reps and 15+ sets/muscle is a lot of volume; you could actually push some lower rep ranges on major compounds and still induce muscular hypertrophy with tht amount of sets, but still also gain strength;

it also depends on the excersise (ie; my last set of squats where im going for a new pr ill get anywhere from 3-5 reps, but im not gonna be going for 3-5 reps on something like curls) nomsayin'?

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

Yee, so if I'm doing like 6 reps on bench press it's alright 'cause I still have enough sets doing things like chest press to increase reasonably in size as well?

So basically low reps on the big 3 and high reps on most exercises like tricep push downs, and curls.

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

don't just do 8-15

mix it up

6. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

3-5 on compound 8-12 on isolation

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

kinda a tricky subject; go more-so by; also depends if ur training soloely for hypertrophy, strength, or both
      generally though, compounds are lower reps (they dont have to be, jus saying most do lower reps on em)

8. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

lol no.

8-12 for mass

1-5 for strength.

Get back to the power lifting section, phaggot

9. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

I mean I'm lifting for size, so hypertrophy I guess. I was lifting for strength but I decided care more about the looks then the actual strength, I mean I guess I'll still increase in strength, just a little slower?

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Rep Ranges?

generally people over think this concept. Weather you're training for size or strength, the other is going to be effected. If you only do 5 reps, you are still going to put on size, just less than with a higher rep range. The same goes for putting on size, your strength is obviously going to increase also.

Tags: