• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Recommend amount of proteins and fats?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Khronic, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Khronic

Khronic Member

My high school weightlifting coach always stressed good diet when it came to putting on muscle correctly. He would always say "Make sure you get enough of everything!" which to me meant eating whatever, whenever, wherever. Though I'm a little more self educated on the subject and now I've come to realize what I put in is what I'm going to get out.

I know that I'm supposed to eat lots of vegetables and fruits, whole grains, good fats, etc. But in terms of a raw amount, how much of each should I put in in terms of my body weight knowing that I am trying to bulk?

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I would avoid the whole grains. There are healthier sources of carbohydrates like sweet potatoes and white potatoes. Grains contain inflammatory proteins, anti-nutrients and are virtually devoid of any nutrients.

It depends on your training and your weight etc. Aim for at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight and eat plenty of natural fat from eggs, red meat, pastured butter, coconuts and avocados etc.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Khronic

Khronic Member

On the topic of eggs, I actually wonder this too. I often eat my eggs scrambled and I eat 2-3 eggs every morning. Recently when I went to my doctor for a checkup he asked me what my diet was like. I told him I eat 2-3 eggs a day and he looked at me shocked and double checked my cholesterol readings. He told me that I was eating way too many and that I was going to get unhealthily amounts of cholesterols which could lead to some health problems. I told him I workout almost everyday, including cardio, but he still told me that I should cut back.