• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Protein.... How did I miss this option for so long?!!

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by alomjabpd, Oct 4, 2012.

1. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

I am a big believer in keeping in keeping protein levels up. I eat between 235 and 285g/ day (depending on phase of diet)

Besides about a lb of meat a day(chicken, lean beef, pork...etc) I make the rest up in whey (and milk).

I have tried TONS of protein and my wife calls my supplement closet GNC. (here is an old pic when I cleaned it out) And this was not all my whey!

[​IMG]

OK back to my point. I thought I had tried just about everything. My favorites were generally based on flavor but lately I have grown tired of almost everything. Many taste good.....but just a little too strong on the flavoring.

The other day I was searching for a new option and I came across somthing I had not considered.

NOW UNFLAVORED ISOLATE.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/whey.html

[​IMG]

The quality of this is second to none. Cold process micro filtered. (meaning it has not had the micronutrients stripped away like in ion exchange.
      It is 90+% protein by weight. 25g pro, 1g carb, .3 g fat.

If you look at the cost per g of protein, despite being the best quality you can get....it is actually about the cheapest protein out there. (bb.com will price match as I just got my bag for $85)

The taste is so neutral, I am thinking of all the things I can mix it in. Thinking of trying a little sugar free lemonade (similar to Xtreeme formulations arctic lemonade). I will be experimenting over the next few weeks.

One thing I have been doing is mixing this 1/2 and 1/2 with my regular whey. That for me just about makes the taste perfect!

For those looking for protein options....this is a great one!

Thought I would share

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Protein.... How did I miss this option for so long?!!

Came into ID thread expecting pics or a graph, not dissapoint.

The 1st pic is absolute madness. srs
      You wasted all the money on all that sh*t?? WTF were you thinking?

Its awesome you slimmed it down to the NOW pro but I can't get over that 1st pic, every tub I look @ is $40-100...geezus.
      I know you're jacked and strong as fuark but was buying all that necessary?
      -sorry I'm poor...and dieting

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Nice write-up. I may just try when I finish my current 10lb bag.

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

In for mixing recipe results

5. jailynn24hb

I used to buy a tonne of powders although I never could stack themn to the roof, I've totally changed andnow I'm trying to get my protein from foods and cut down to 1 shake a day (a double). However I have been looking for a different powder so maybe I will try that one out.

6. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Good luck trying to strack these bags... maybe you can make a sandbag er whey bag fort?

7. jailynn24hb

Yea.....I can be a little extreme at times. It is good and bad. But the pile is not as bad as it looks (kinda )

That was what I found when I consolidated all my stuff from about 3 cabinets and several closets. I was a little shocked too.

But MOST of the stuff that is there falls into these categories.

Protein (to me is just food)
      There is a bunch of BCAA's in there (which I believe are of some benifit)
      A bunch of pre-workouts (I like my stim products, I like variety and I like a good deal...thats how I got so many)
      There is some creatine and beta-alanine (both good things to supp in my opinion)

That about accounts for 85%-90% of what is there. I still use all the above.

What I do not use anymore and is in there:
      Several test boosters.
      DAA ( I think is of good value)
      Activate Xtreeme and Triazole by DS. (I responded well to these....but looking back, I am not sure if they are worth the money)
      A few bottles of Novedex XT I picked up for $15/bottle.....lost in the cupboard and ended up selling on ebay for $75/bottle (true story.....people still want the ATD's)

I still have a 2 bottles of Activate Xtreeme. I was actually considering taking them They are stingging nettle based which has been show to be one of the best things at raising free test. (one of my main issues) and also may explain why I always felt I responded well to it prior to HRT.

Thats it. I no longer buy Xtend, I just mix the bulk BCAA powder with some Kool-aid and splenda so that is a MUCH cheaper option.

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Last edited by induced_drag; Today at 08:32 AM.

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

No doubt.... I transferred 5lbs into a empty plastic 5lb tub I had. Makes it much easier to get at!

10. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Yes it is, I'm not blind and neither is your wife!

Been thinking about this, tbh, if I had the means I might have done the same thing. Supp stores make me feel like a kid in Toys R Us. I'm jelly.
      NOW makes some suprisingly good stuff for cheap, i like their GABA.