• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Post workout supplements

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by BookNerd, Mar 26, 2023.

1. BookNerd

BookNerd New Member

Any advice on post work out supplements/drinks/tips. I am want to see if there is anything that would help with recovery rates, helping me heal up quicker (less soreness). I have heard mixed review of creatine but am willing to try it. For reference I am 35, female and am still pretty new to weightlifting. I typically do a heavy bag for cardio and lift about 5 days a week. I am still trying to stay in a calorie deficit at the moment and eating higher protein.

2. admin

admin Administrator

Hi @BookNerd

Welcome to the forum, sorry for the delay in replying to your post. I found a bit of research which might help you.

Yes, creatine is known to be good for recovery rates after exercise. Creatine is a naturally occurring substance that is found in small amounts in animal products. It is also available as a dietary supplement in the form of powders, capsules, and energy bars.

Creatine has been shown to enhance muscle recovery by increasing the levels of phosphocreatine in the muscles. This helps to replenish the energy stores in the muscles, which can be depleted during high-intensity exercise. In addition, creatine has been found to reduce muscle damage and inflammation, which can help to speed up recovery time.

However, it's important to note that creatine is not a substitute for proper nutrition, hydration, and rest. It should be used in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise program to maximize its benefits. It's also important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement regimen.

3. admin

admin Administrator

Just thought this might prompt a question about Phosphocreatine - hope this helps.

Phosphocreatine, also known as creatine phosphate, is a naturally occurring compound found in the muscles and brain. It is a high-energy molecule that acts as a reservoir for energy-rich phosphate groups in the body.

During intense physical activity, such as weightlifting or sprinting, the body rapidly breaks down adenosine triphosphate (ATP) molecules to produce energy. However, the body can only store a limited amount of ATP, so it needs to constantly replenish its supply.

Phosphocreatine plays a critical role in this process by donating phosphate groups to ADP (adenosine diphosphate) to quickly produce ATP. This allows the muscles to produce energy rapidly and sustain high-intensity exercise for short periods.

Overall, phosphocreatine is an important source of energy for high-intensity exercise and plays a key role in the body's ability to produce and replenish ATP.

4. Metribolone

Metribolone Member

@BookNerd

I’ve heard good things about mass monster blend from amino asylum. It’s an injectable amino acid blend that helps with recovery.

5. Kylian

Kylian Member

Here are some tips for you:

1. Creatine: Despite mixed reviews, creatine has been found to enhance strength and muscle recovery. It's worth trying, you can try grimed creatine but consult your doctor or a nutritionist first.

2. Staying well-hydrated is essential for recovery. Water helps flush out toxins and aids in muscle repair.

3. Nutrient Timing: Try to consume a balanced meal with a combination of protein and carbohydrates after your workout. Carbs can replenish glycogen stores, and protein aids in muscle repair.

4. Rest: Ensure you're getting adequate sleep. This is when your body truly repairs and recovers.

5. Listen to Your Body: As you're new to weightlifting, give your body time to adapt. Don't push too hard too quickly; progressive overload is key.

6. Calorie Deficit: While being in a calorie deficit, ensure you're not cutting too many calories. You need energy for recovery and to support your workouts.

Remember, individual responses to supplements can vary, so it's essential to pay attention to how your body reacts. Consulting a fitness or nutrition professional can provide personalized guidance based on your specific goals and needs.

6. Newstarter

Newstarter Well-Known Member

I am relatively new to this - keep dropping out them coming back - what is mass monster blend and what is amino acid? Is that the same as lactic acid which makes you feel drained?

7. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Well-Known Member

For post-workout recovery, try protein powder to aid in muscle repair. Consult a professional before trying creatine. Get enough rest, hydrate well, and listen to your body. Keep up the great work.

8. Myjourney

Myjourney Well-Known Member

Are these supplements safe for diabetics to use?

9. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Well-Known Member

Some supplements may be beneficial for people with diabetes. For example, chromium may help with blood sugar control, and alpha-lipoic acid may be helpful for diabetic neuropathy.

10. Christopher22

Christopher22 Member

aumeto berberine, apple cider vinegar (ACV) and Gymnema Sylvestre are all beneficial for diabetes