• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Possible to Lose A Pound Everyday

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by johnwilson225, Dec 21, 2012.

1. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

I was wondering if it was possible to lose one pound a day? If so then how would someone take the approach to do so? I really want to know the answer to this question.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

It is possible, you could lose more than a pound in a day. However, much of the weight you lose would be water weight and stored glycogen. Fast for a day and see how much weight you lose, you could easily lose a pound.

3. kubica

kubica Member

I have been able to lose about ten pounds a month in a way that they never came back. I don't know if it is really possible to lose a pound a day that won't come back fast after you eat something ;).

I remember reading it is healthy to lose up to 4 pounds a week, over that is too stresful for a body to bear.

4. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I agree, although it might be possible to lose that much weight, it probably is not the healthiest thing to do. I have also read it isn't particularly good to lose more than 4 pounds a week. You are probably just losing water weight and muscle if you are losing much more than that.

5. Angelle

Angelle Member

Yes, it is definitely possible to lose a pound a day. That's what I did when I lost 11 pounds. I would eat small portions of food, and work out for two hours doing Zumba. Zumba is a great way to lose weight but it is tiring, and some would find it hard to stay motivated but you can do it if you really want to shed pounds. I wouldn't execute anything that isn't going to allow me to lose a pound a day because I am very impatient, and want to see the pounds shedding daily to inform me that what I am doing is working.

6. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I would keep it really simple. For example I would cut two "bad habits" from your food choices, for example I would only eat one slice of bread instead of two and I would replace only water instead of juice and soda. The next thing to do is to keep moving so I would recommend doing any kind of physical exercising whether it is running or crunches as long as you are moving.

7. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

It seems like there are a lot of opinions on this but from what I've read you should really be aiming for about 1% of your body weight a week and no more. That's pretty much optimum for safety's sake. Don't forget most people became over weight over a long period of time so don't think you can drop everything super quick, it took a while to put on and its going to be a while to take it off. Be safe and patient!

8. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

Yes you can lose a pound per day on a short term basis. Have a look at my potato diet thread. People report 1 lb per day fat loss for up to 2 weeks, it is incredible.

Fast for 24-hours and you will lose more than a pound.

9. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

When you look at fad diets like that you just end up being on a calories deficit and that's why you lose the weight. 1 pound of boiled or steamed potatoes is 400 calories. Good luck trying to maintain your weight by eating 5 pounds of potatoes a day. Just saying.